Skoda restricting Octopus Access

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Ah473 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:24 pm I’ve also registered my dissatisfaction by emailing their digital services team at support@skoda-auto.com. Hope they work urgently with Octopus to find a solution to this.
Let us all know how you get on. I’m expecting delivery at the end of next week and think I’ll never be able to make my initial test connection to move to IOG.

Decide

Post by Decide »

Third attempt - 23.30 Charge not detected by Octopus app :/
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Not sure if the exact same issue we went through with gridio, they had also severe issues (Skoda only) controlling the charging (essentially pressing the stop and start buttons through API). But at least now it is resolved, works well recently. Mid December to early January.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Zetland wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:16 pm Thought I was going crazy until I read this thread. Thought it was the location services so I'm out in the car right now in the drive and was shifting positions to get location right

I've got a pod point which I can schedule charging onb- silly question but if I just set the schedule for 23.30 to 05.30, will I still be charged 7.5p/kWh?
Yes, you will be charged the off-peak rate of 7.5p if you have previously set up Intelligent Octopus Go with your car.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
cbruntooo

Post by cbruntooo »

Just to add this is also happening to Ovo Energy. The company that is the middleman between Skoda and the energy companies apps are looking into it https://status.enode.io/.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm Just plugged ours in and we have received the IO notification to say the charge is set up for tonight.

We have IO configured to the charger (Ohme) rather than the car.

Will confirm result tomorrow.
Ok so I can confirm IO smart scheduling still works fine if set up to use the charger rather than the car.

Just sharing as a datapoint .. not to wind anyone up. Hope you get this sorted guys.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Thank you for this thread, also very annoyed as I assumed our Hive EV charger had gone faulty (again). I also plugged my car in yesterday and woke up to half charge and a hefty charge cost as no IO scheduling took place.

Hopefully they will sort this soon! It’s a nightmare because you cannot achieve a full charge state between those hours when the battery is drained. Plus, I tend to have it charge until 1100 so I can run the dishwasher, washing machine on the extended cheaper period… 😂. #DontHateThePlayerHateTheGame
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Bacon wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 am Thank you for this thread, also very annoyed as I assumed our Hive EV charger had gone faulty (again). I also plugged my car in yesterday and woke up to half charge and a hefty charge cost as no IO scheduling took place.

Hopefully they will sort this soon! It’s a nightmare because you cannot achieve a full charge state between those hours when the battery is drained. Plus, I tend to have it charge until 1100 so I can run the dishwasher, washing machine on the extended cheaper period… 😂. #DontHateThePlayerHateTheGame
You should always pause charge in car on charge menu after plugging in to avoid any full cost charging before a schedule is set or indeed this sort of issue happens. Otherwise you may put a kW or more into car at full rate before OI sets a schedule and pauses charge itself even when working correctly.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Decide

Post by Decide »

We extend our heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing trust and loyalty to the Skoda brand.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and want to assure you that your concerns are of utmost importance to us.

Your inquiry has been promptly forwarded to the responsible department for thorough review.

We deeply appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work diligently to address your concerns.
Ah473

Post by Ah473 »

Decide wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:19 am
We extend our heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing trust and loyalty to the Skoda brand.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and want to assure you that your concerns are of utmost importance to us.

Your inquiry has been promptly forwarded to the responsible department for thorough review.

We deeply appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work diligently to address your concerns.
Better than my reply:

Thank you for your email.

Your case was redirected to the department responsible for this type of issues. Once we have an update for it we will inform you at once.

Thank you for your understanding.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post