Skoda restricting Octopus Access

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

Hi all

Skoda have just released the beta of the latest MySkoda app. Within this they are restricting the availability of car data to third parties such as Octopus. On the beta app and not getting charge slots or incomplete charge is being reported. Octopus have recommended using a scheduled charge for now until they can resolve.

Just a heads up on what’s to come with VAG restricting data to third parties.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.

Duderooner

Post by Duderooner »

I noted the same last night when I went to charge. No schedule showed up and it just kept charging.

I have a V2 Zappi which I think has now been integrated with IO so I am going to try changing over to that device being controlled by Octopus for charging and not the vehicle.

I would be interested to know if anyone esle has change over and what the process was like?
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Our car didn’t get a schedule last night from Octopus either.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

I came onto the forum today to ask if anyone knew where in the Skoda app the account setting was so I could implement Plug and Charge. That was prompted by getting an email from Octopus to enable this. All went well their end and a certificate was issued and then was told in the email to go to the app…

The plug and charge relies on the third party to agree, is this linked with the charging issue?

Don’t need a charge at the moments so don’t know if scheduled charging still works.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
Sdvch

Post by Sdvch »

Same issue, no schedule created. Switched to manual charging, hopefully will be resolved asap.
chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

Octopus have said that VAG have cut the connection with them. They are trying to find a workaround but I'm not holding my breath.

Skoda actively push Intelligent Octopus on their website. As a deciding factor for buying the car, they are now in breach of contract. https://www.skoda.co.uk/electric-hybrid ... opus-offer

If they do not reinstate the link, I will be looking for owners to band together and take VAG to court as this is not acceptable. I have to charge outside of 11:30pm-5:30am so Skoda are costing me money.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Just plugged ours in and we have received the IO notification to say the charge is set up for tonight.

We have IO configured to the charger (Ohme) rather than the car.

Will confirm result tomorrow.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

This is outrageous! I spent over £20 on electricity yesterday as the off-peak didn't trigger when I started to charge!

Are we therefore limited to only charging between 2330 and 0530, my ASHP is running almost 24/7 just now and its -5 here so is using quite a bit of juice that I would prefer was at off peak rates!

Has anyone moved away from IO to another tariff because of this?
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

HugosDad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:42 pm This is outrageous! I spent over £20 on electricity yesterday as the off-peak didn't trigger when I started to charge!

Are we therefore limited to only charging between 2330 and 0530, my ASHP is running almost 24/7 just now and its -5 here so is using quite a bit of juice that I would prefer was at off peak rates!

Has anyone moved away from IO to another tariff because of this?
it has only changed in the last 24 hours so I can't see anyone moving supplier in that short space of time.

We are limited at the moment which is annoying as I often need more than the allotted time.

I am hoping to get a Zappi charger installed which apparently is still working as it doesn't use the skoda servers, or perhaps not as reliant. People are reporting they are getting smart schedules still with Zappi and Ohme.
chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm Just plugged ours in and we have received the IO notification to say the charge is set up for tonight.

We have IO configured to the charger (Ohme) rather than the car.

Will confirm result tomorrow.
The fact you have a charge schedule is enough. People who have 'dumb' chargers are not even getting a schedule. Me being one of those.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post