Skoda restricting Octopus Access

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Also on a dumb charger here. I have a HomeAssistant integration, I wonder if there will be a way to tell IO the car is charging from there....
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023

HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Pksk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am Hi all

Skoda have just released the beta of the latest MySkoda app. Within this they are restricting the availability of car data to third parties such as Octopus. On the beta app and not getting charge slots or incomplete charge is being reported. Octopus have recommended using a scheduled charge for now until they can resolve.

Just a heads up on what’s to come with VAG restricting data to third parties.
Which version do you have? Mine is showing 6.2.1 but I see V7 is newly released in the App Store.
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
Ah473

Post by Ah473 »

I’m in the same boat. Plugged in this evening and no charging schedule assigned. I tried removing and attempting to re-add my Enyaq in the Octopus app, but now even that is impossible as it keeps failing to connect to the car to add it.

Does anyone know how we can convince Skoda to reverse this crazy decision??
legless

Post by legless »

Ah473 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:34 pm I’m in the same boat. Plugged in this evening and no charging schedule assigned. I tried removing and attempting to re-add my Enyaq in the Octopus app, but now even that is impossible as it keeps failing to connect to the car to add it.
This is exactly what I did too (23MY vRS Coupe). Now I'm just crossing my fingers that VW play nicely again soon.
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

HugosDad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:17 pm
Pksk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am Hi all

Skoda have just released the beta of the latest MySkoda app. Within this they are restricting the availability of car data to third parties such as Octopus. On the beta app and not getting charge slots or incomplete charge is being reported. Octopus have recommended using a scheduled charge for now until they can resolve.

Just a heads up on what’s to come with VAG restricting data to third parties.
Which version do you have? Mine is showing 6.2.1 but I see V7 is newly released in the App Store.
V7 had it from IOS TestFlight for a few days and as you have noticed they have very quickly rolled this out as the current version on the App Store. They much have made a server/backend change as it seems to be not just those on the latest app version
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
Decide

Post by Decide »

Doubt very much it be dependent on app version - would be server side they stop access.

I have two versions of the app installed (neither the latest) and no schedule tonight with a dumb charger - tried twice.

Very infuriating..... especially as I was expecting a looong charge tonight.
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

Octopus have it under status/known issues here
https://octopus.energy/intelligent-go-faqs/
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
Zetland

Post by Zetland »

Thought I was going crazy until I read this thread. Thought it was the location services so I'm out in the car right now in the drive and was shifting positions to get location right

I've got a pod point which I can schedule charging onb- silly question but if I just set the schedule for 23.30 to 05.30, will I still be charged 7.5p/kWh?
Decide

Post by Decide »

VW Group brands: Audi, Skoda, SEAT, Cupra, Porsche, Volkswagen (status: ongoing)

Some customers have an incomplete charging schedule and may not meet their target charge. This is because VW Group has started restricting the volume of third party control for their brands. We’re currently working with VW to find a solution to this problem.
Ah473

Post by Ah473 »

I’ve also registered my dissatisfaction by emailing their digital services team at support@skoda-auto.com. Hope they work urgently with Octopus to find a solution to this.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post