Brake creak at moment of stopping

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
mrwobling

Post by mrwobling »

Our 2023 Enyaq 80 has done 10k miles and we bought it used about a month ago. Absolutely love the car, but the brakes consistently creak right at the moment the car stops. It's as though the pads are binding momentarily as the disc stops rotating. It doesn't seem to matter how hard or gently I stop the car, or whether I release the brake pressure at the moment the car stops.

It's the only thing, so far, which has disappointed me about the car. Is this a known issue and is there a known fix?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Mine was exactly the same. I asked Skoda to check when it was serviced at 2 years / 25000 miles in November but they said they couldn’t find anything wrong. Unfortunately because it was a company car which I knew I was about to give back, I didn’t pursue it any further.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Mine has always done this slightly from new. Doesn’t bother me though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
MickyD84

Post by MickyD84 »

I remember seeing Matt Watson say the same thing on a CarWow video on the Enyaq, I think its something all MEB cars do.
Current - Enyaq VRS - Race Blue

Previous:
Yeti x 2
Superb x 3
Octavia x 4
Fenders

Post by Fenders »

Mine does this when stopping on a slight decline (which happens to include my driveway, so I hear it every day). Doesn’t occur in traffic. But even if it did, it would be preferable to the rocking back and forth of my former X3 no matter how gently I tried to ease into a full stop.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post