My Skoda App Stuck or is it the car

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Deepdiver

Post by Deepdiver »

Cannot get rid of this on the app
Uninstalled Reinstalled
Cannot set anything
Plug the car in & the car image changes to car charging, which it does. Octopus Intelligent does not work in this state. Had to charge car via scheduling from my wall charger overnight which worked

Screenshot_20240123_133717_Mykoda.jpg

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Have you or can you check the SoC of the 12v battery?

I know from having an ID3 it seems there are a few issues currently with connection problems.
Ordered 04/01/24 85X Sportline Plus
Currently in a VW ID.3 Tour Pro S
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I am seeing the same problem, which I first noticed yesterday afternoon with 12V battery at 91%, HV battery at 41%
Still present after driving 5 miles achieving 12V battery at 95%, HV battery at 37.5%. Would not clear using option in app.
Still present after charging car overnight. Used timer as Octopus not creating charge map although app shows car connected to charger. 12V battery at 92% HV battery at 87%
Still present after driving 50 miles. 12V battery at 99%. HV battery at 72%.
Still present this evening after driving 50 miles. 12V battery at 100%. HV battery at 56%.

Through all this the Essentials app correctly shows car status, range and charging, although sometimes time to respond is much slower than usual. I would guess there is a problem with the Skoda/VAG servers or infrastructure.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

It’s your 12v battery indeed.
Go for a drive for 30 mins then it should be good (unless it’s collapsed - in which case: workshop!)
Deepdiver

Post by Deepdiver »

Thanks for the replys.
Newfie - Have you or can you check the SoC of the 12v battery?. Do you just use a multimeter to measure if so i can do that. Or can you find it on the info screen in car?

CrowSysE243 - I have the same problem as you although I do not know how to check the 12v battery. The essential app works although the battery charging section initially could not see that the charger was not connected to the car. Now says "the charging status is unavailable.

Stripy - I do between 50-70 miles a day as it's a run all day car. Everything works ok. Can start charge from in the car or schedule timing each night from my home charger.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I dont think its anything to do with the 12v, specifically.

I think its a rate limiting feature built into the app (or the backend), to stop *potential* 12v issues if it sees too many requests constantly waking the car up.

The only time i've ever seen the message, it was a bug on the Skoda servers and sorted itself out.

Probably worth trying to pull the TCU fuse to reset the telematics box, its been discussed a few times on here to fix app issues.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
riki1

Post by riki1 »

After starting to use the application, you have to wait about 2-3 weeks (during this period the application sometimes works and sometimes does not work) and then it will work reliably (this is my experience).
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I have seen the message several times now. A few times it has been when I have not used the car for several days as I have been working from home and it has started overnight while Octopus has been controlling charging with several short charges (less than half an hour) early on followed by a long charge up to my requested time. In these cases the essential app has not returned any data either and when I have checked the 12V battery reported charge it has been slightly above 50%. It cleared shortly after starting driving.
Most of the occurences have been with good 12V battery charge and on the occasions where I have checked the essentials app it has worked OK. In several cases it has correlated with known Skoda server problems and has recovered when the server problems cleared.
I think that it is intended to be a feature to limit remote access to prevent the 12V battery charge getting too low, however it is unlikely to be the case this last time. I had not used the app since last use of the car and had turned off Octopus smart charging in order to try and limit messages and the problem was observed when I used the app while preparing to charge and before re-enabling Octopus charging. The app reports several ways to clear the issue (drive the car, charge the car and reset the limit from the app) and none worked. I suspect that the limit is implimented at the server. It is possible that the message is the generated in the app if it does not receive the data from the car. In the recent case the data was available in the essentials app but not in the standard app so I suspect the problem was in the servers.
The problem persisted over more than 24 hours until this morning when the 12V state of charge had reduced to 98% and more than 6 hours after it had last been driven.
The app started working while I was collecting the car from the dealer. I did not find it necessary to wait for "reliable" functioning.

I have checked battery charge state 2 ways. Originally I just measured the terminal voltage with a multimeter and compared it with standard battery voltage/charge data. Now I generally use Car Scanner to check the OBD data as this is what the management system works on.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Deepdiver

Post by Deepdiver »

UPDATE:
I tried force stop app & clear cache then uninstall app no good. I uninstalled it again & left it. Charged with wall charger to 80% using the wall box scheduling. I am a mobile service engineer so the car is used multiple times through the day. So, this afternoon I reinstalled the app & it's working. No idea why. Suspect it my have been a server issue? Anyway, octopus intelligence has scheduled times for tonight so we will see if it charges.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

This happens nearly every time to me if I ask OI to charge the car to say 85% whilst car is set to 80%. OI keeps sending request to car to charge and car says no more. After a bit it shuts down connection to conserve battery.
All I have to do to reset is to turn car on and off again in car.
I set OI higher than car as car often only gets to 78% or so in the time OI schedules when set to 80%.
OI will report in Octopus app that it couldn’t control car or similar though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post