85X SL Plus - Canton very poor sub woofer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Phaedra

Post by Phaedra »

Picked up my new 85X Sportline Plus with the Advanced Pack about 10 days ago.

Had it booked into the dealer today as the sub woofer barely makes any difference to the amount of bass.
Even the sales manager agreed it was very quiet.

Just collected it and no fault found!, they reckon that's how it is in the new 85 series.

They compared it to a 69 plate Superb which was louder and a 71 plate which was about the same, they reckon it's working fine.

I've had previous cars with sub woofers and every one, when turned up, would punch you in the guts, vibrate the rear view mirror etc.

This one sounds about the same as my previous Ateca with the standard sound system.

If you take up the boot floor you can just hear it working but it's def. not loud.

Others on the UK/Ireland Enyaq forum have said their subs def. rattle the boot and mirror if turned up above +3, mine makes virtually no difference to the sound from -9 to +9.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

What style of music are you trying? Something with a deep ‘808 Bass’ ought to get a subwoofer moving the air! (Usually rap music etc).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Phaedra

Post by Phaedra »

Yes, it's music with a good bass line. I used to be an audio engineer so I know what deep bass sounds like!.

My previous Honda CR-V had a sub and it would blow this out of the water!.

Anyone in or near Durham that has an Enyaq with a Canton system to comapre it to?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post