"Preferred Hours" for charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Perhaps i'm being daft but i cant get this loan car setup properly for timed charging.

With my own Enyaq, its registered with Intelligent Octopus and it all just works remotely.

However i'm currently driving a loan car while mine is awaiting repair.

I've gone into the charging menu, added a location for my house and set up the preferred charging times to be 11:30pm to 5:30am.

However, when turning the car off, it defaults to "charge immediately". I have to, every time, open the menu and change it to "charge during preferred hours"

Even more annoying if i have to plug it in of an evening, as i'll unlock, plug the cable in, then open the door and have to wait for ages for the screen to actually boot up before i can change it to "charge during preferred hours".

Surely this should be possible to set as the default!?
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

That is how it's been designed, unfortunately.

You can edit the 'goodbye' screen to add an option to charge at preferred times. Then, when at home you select that option from a drop-down list before you exit the car.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

MikeJL wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:32 pm That is how it's been designed, unfortunately.

You can edit the 'goodbye' screen to add an option to charge at preferred times. Then, when at home you select that option from a drop-down list before you exit the car.
Yeah thats already there on the goodbye screen, so thats what i've been doing. Which is fine when its just commuting as i get home at night and just set the menu and plug it in. I've forgotten a few times though.

I got really annoyed with it last night as we'd been driving it around over the weekend, various local trips where your not really thinking about charging, and so hadnt selected the option. Popped out last night at bed time to plug it so it was charged up ready for my commute, thankfully realised it started charging immediately, then was stood about waiting for the damn screen to wake up in the pouring rain so i could change the setting.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

I guess you don't have a timer on your charger?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I always put up the charging screen before getting out of car and leave door open.
If using OI I have to immediately press stop charging after plugging in to avoid that period of full cost charging before OI sets a schedule and pauses car itself, or indeed doesn’t set a schedule and you find cars still charging at peak rate sometime later.
On that screen, when parked at home location there is an option on the right where you can select charge at preferred time, if a time is set for the preferred location.
If OI is playing up I use this option to charge at off peak hours.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post