Not a happy bunny

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Warkman

Post by Warkman »

In October, I ordered a Enyaq suv 80X Spirtline plus, with Maxx pack, sunroof and travel pack in Race Blue.
I was given a build date of week 02 and informed that due to the my changes, it would be built as an 85x not 80x
Just got a call from my dealer to say the xar was imminent, but had a "slight" problem
Skoda have built ut as a 85 Sportline plus, yes, a 2wd version.
They have said when it comes in, I can take a look at it as they hope it has the options I ordered (can you get DCC on a 2wd?)
If I am unhappy, they can re order but will rake a minimum of 5 months to be built.
Spitting feathers, as they myst have known earlier that it wasn't what I ordered.
It's not a massive issue if the options and colour are correct, but it's the incompetence that annoys me.
My options are:

1) reject the car and re order
2) Reject the car and order from another manufacturer, though lead times and spec might be an issue
3) Accept the car and live without the 4wd and have a unique 24my Spirline plus....

RichR

Post by RichR »

I'd ask to see the build sheet they sent to Skoda. It's more likely that the dealership ordered the wrong spec than the factory building it incorrectly. If it is their mistake, then I would accept the car but ask to be refunded the difference in cost between the single and dual motor version. 2WD versions of the Sportline 85 exist elsewhere in Europe and I'm sure they were in the brochure in the UK at one point, so it is a valid configuration. Most 80 Sportlines (like mine) were 2WD.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 2WD version, so if it's got all the other options you specified (again, they'll be listed on the build sheet that was sent to Skoda). You can get DCC on 2WD, it works well, and was available on the Enyaq before the dual motor versions were introduced in late 2021.

Remember that dealerships are not Skoda, they're just independent garages that have the right to use the logo and place orders to be built by Skoda. It might be worth speaking to Skoda UK to see if they can work out where the mistake was made (they are responsible for the liaison between dealers and the company itself) - at least so they can prevent it happening again to someone else.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Warkman

Post by Warkman »

I've got a copy of the original order that included the various options individually laid out and was ordered by the dealership as an 80x Sportline, I would think the change occurred when Skoda informed tge dealership that tge car would be built as an 85.
I think tge dealership didn't check the new car build sheet stated 85x, it would explain why getting answers about the progress was poor from the dealership, I don't know if this change to central 8rdering has had any effect
Martin26

Post by Martin26 »

This probably comes down to whether 4wd is important to you.

If it is, reject and reorder - though the order process may now be different as they now use the agency model and contractually your order will now be direct with Skoda UK not the dealer.

If lack of 4wd isn't a big issue for you keep it but get a refund for the price difference (plus a bit more as "compensation"). It definetly won't be unique, as all orders for 80 Sportline were upgraded to 85 Sportline (not 85x) when the model year changed. (I'll be getting an 85 Sportline Plus 2wd).

But I can understand your annoyance.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Theres no performance difference either, the RWD 85 and AWD 85x both have the same 285hp, unlike the 80 model where the X had more power. So it does boil down to wether that AWD system is important.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Martin26

Post by Martin26 »

Also for further reassurance... the insurance companies recognise both 85 Sportline Plus and 85x Sportline Plus, ie 2 distinct models/variants
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think they're just currently not taking orders for 85 Sportline Plus to manage supply chains, and once there's a bit more slack they'll reintroduce it. We've seen this before with options temporarily being unavailable then coming back the following month. For example when I ordered my Enyaq in August 2021, it wasn't possible to have the HUD option with Loft or Lounge interiors. It was in July and it was again in September. So I had to revise my order to get the options I wanted (back then you had about 20 packs to choose from, not just two!) and it worked out best if I switched from a standard 80 to a Sportline 80. And actually that was the best decision I made, as I ended up with things I originally didn't include as I thought they'd be too expensive, but are included on the Sportline.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Heat pumps went on and off the options as well. My car delivered end of March 23 was one of the first to have a heat pump again. This was due to parts shortages.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Warkman

Post by Warkman »

I've said to the dealer to call me when ut comes in and we will go over the car to ensure that the options I ordered are fitted. If they are, then I will accept the xar as waiting another 5 months for the 4wd would not be something I would want to do.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

I have DCC, but I don't feel any difference no matter how I set it, so I think it's pointless. The question is, in what environment do you drive and do you need 4WD ?
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post