Windscreen Distortion Enyaq 85

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
AnnaBell77

Post by AnnaBell77 »

After trying all the electric cars out there that would provide enough space for us we landed on the Enyaq as our favourite and so test drove an Enyaq 85. As I was driving I started feeling my eyes straining and feeling a bit nauseous. I realised the field of vision in the windscreen had a decent distortion in it that was making my image ahead jump around. We put it down to a defect in one car so went to look at another 85, only to find the exact same issue in the exact same place. We hopped in a couple of 80's and there was no issue, so before we try and locate another 85, has this been an issue for anyone else? I'm hoping we've just been unlucky to find two cars with exactly the same issue and your replies will encourage us to keep looking as we really like the car. Thanks in advance

cailloux44

Post by cailloux44 »

Hi,
I own an Enyaq with heating windshield and have tried 2 others without heated windshield, they were all perfectly fine. So I'm assuming it was just bad luck for the 2 models you have tried.
Also, I don't think it would be something specific to the 85x models as all Enyaq probably share the same windows (except for the heat function & noise insolation functions)
So should be fine (y)
Last edited by cailloux44 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq 80X Sportline - All packs - Black Magic
Ordered August 2021 - Expected delivery July 2022 - Delivered November 2022
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

'23 80 sportline. We noticed a bit of distortion just in the middle of the windscreen.
Last edited by Dav00 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaBell77

Post by AnnaBell77 »

Thanks for the replies 👍
fatman

Post by fatman »

thats bad ,i will be cancel my order,i am going to get kona.
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

No distortion on my new 85 edition without heated screen, or previous 60 with heated screen.
jawj

Post by jawj »

That’s very interesting. I did a test drive of an 85 this weekend (in Worthing) and noticed the same issue. I Googled it and found this post.

It’s rather off-putting, because it sounds like it’s not an isolated problem and I can imagine it being rather difficult to get fixed.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I have a 60 with heated windscreen and it's clear as a bell, no distortion with heat on or off.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
Deleted User 2590

Post by Deleted User 2590 »

Where is this distortion and I will try and check our car again..
fatman

Post by fatman »

AnnaBell77 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:00 am After trying all the electric cars out there that would provide enough space for us we landed on the Enyaq as our favourite and so test drove an Enyaq 85. As I was driving I started feeling my eyes straining and feeling a bit nauseous. I realised the field of vision in the windscreen had a decent distortion in it that was making my image ahead jump around. We put it down to a defect in one car so went to look at another 85, only to find the exact same issue in the exact same place. We hopped in a couple of 80's and there was no issue, so before we try and locate another 85, has this been an issue for anyone else? I'm hoping we've just been unlucky to find two cars with exactly the same issue and your replies will encourage us to keep looking as we really like the car. Thanks in advance
so did you manage to get one .if yes what model.
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post