Winter wheels, size.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bruksie

Post by Bruksie »

Hi there,
I just took delivery of my new 85X Sportline plus and it has 20" alloys. I have the winter wheels off my last car (Skoda Superb) which are 18" wheels. Is there any reason I can't use the on my Enyaq? I understand that total circumference affects the speedo reading but I was wondering if there was any other reason. Any help would be appreciated!
thanks, Richard

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

If they are load rated appropriately and are fitted with suitable tyres then you should be fine. The Superb tyres will not be big enough, and potentially will not have sufficient load rating.

The base model enyaq and id4 have 18's from the factory fitted with 235/60r18 tyres.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Bruksie

Post by Bruksie »

Thanks for that, the tyres are Pirelli sottozero 235 45 18 extra load.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Yeah 45 profile is much too small, its about 3 inches shorter, you'll need to swap the tyres.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Need to check the offset is correct as well as the diameter.
Are the wheels suitable for heavier weight of car?
Jacking of car to change wheels could conceivably damage the battery box if not done correctly and carefully.
I took my car for a local puncture repair and after looking at the car he declined as his jack was not suitable.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Most VAG offsets are similar enough, Superb is likely in the 40-45 range and will work okay. Wheel load rating is certainly something to consider, unfortunatley its often not actually printed on the wheel. Some deduction can be made by comparing maximum axle weights from the donor car etc.

Odd that your garage refused to lift the car, it has pinch welds on the sills like every car i've ever worked on in 20+ years with the reinforced section for jacking/lifting. I've lifted mine with a standard costco trolley jack without issue.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post