Skoda and fixing faults, lesson in amateurish.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Enyaq got software update last August 6th.
That night got a fault on my battery and range dropped about 30miles.
Following day the alarm goes off about ten times a day, end up having to sleep with key so can unlock car to stop alarm waking neighbours.
Alarm goes off as a warning you have a problem with your battery.
Car gets booked in for 7 weeks later at tail end of September.
Morning whilst driving to take in, phone call to say parts aren't in, they can rebook for end of November.
Turn up on day and date at garage to be told no parts as embargoed the bolts in Russia...
Following day had to get AA to disable my alarm as it has went off over 40 times to the extent my neighbour has moved out house and sleeping at her mother in laws to get a proper night's sleep.
On Friday 22nd December I get the showroom Enyaq whilst my car is taken off me.
As of today I'm 6th in line to get repaired, was 6th in line last week...
My car is depreciating like a stone and customer service is horrific.
Skoda offering £500 towards another Skoda, getting shot of this car the minute I get the keys back.
The showroom car puddle lights went after a week, the lcd screen has went black numerous times.
Though heads up display is cracking love that.
So fault started on 6th August and by 6th March, 7 months no further forward.

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Thats pretty shocking. I'd start thinking about legal action.

The £500 sounds derogatory to me unless they give you a lot for your car. Ill bet yours has lost many £thousands in that time.

How is the courtesy car?.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

I had this exact issue... software/fault/alarm/queue etc

I bought my car 2nd hand and it occoured 4 months into having it.

So I used my consumer rights and formally, rejected my car which the dealer/finance company (VWFS) managed to get approved.
The full deposit (£7k back)
50% of 3 x months payments returned (from when fault occoured until it was taken back).

New Enyaq 85 edition ordered.
Dealer provided a superb phev for free from when car was returned until new one ready.
New car was agency and dealer had never done it - this caused issues.
New car was delivered to dealer with extra features on it (heat pump and lounge interior).
Skoda UK wanted us to pay for this or to wait for a new order until September - Dealer pushed back as we had their car commit to us until the new one was ready.
Eventually Skoda UK gave the upgrade for free (2k worth).

85 edition has been flawless since buying.

For you, if you are finance - approach the finance company immediatley.
If you are not, you can still try rejecting and it should be easy .
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Wow Andy, what a result. Thats the way to go Frankfurterbear.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I'm not sure how your car is depreciating any more than it would have been if you were driving it... Especially given your putting miles on the dealerships car instead of your own.

I've had a similar tale though not quite as long. Fault light came on in September, Dealer couldnt look at it until end of November, but i never had any alarm issues and the car otherwise drove totally normally for that period, so not really inconvenienced.

Dealer confirmed it was the battery fault, gave me a loaner Superb PHEV for 6 weeks, then swapped it for an Enyaq after that.

TBH, while it has dragged on, i'm not all that enraged about it. Parts shortages are unfortunate but they happen. The dealership have been fairly responsive, sorted me out with a loan car with no hassle and when they wanted to swap the loan car they sent a driver out with the new one to swap it over. The PHEV was getting on my nerves a bit, but once they swapped it for another Enyaq that problem was gone. And between the two loaners i've put 5000miles on someone elses cars.

My cars finally in the workshop this week.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

It depreciates because if he had a working car, it could be sold today rather than dropping quicker than the use of it would suggest.

However if the car was working or fixed quickly then there would be no need to sell it and it would actually be loosing value by being used.

So it’s only loosing value in hindsight in a way.

I also put 2000 miles on the superb in the 6 weeks it took us to get the new car.

My lesson from this was to always get an electric car on finance for now. For the 85 edition we took the £7k and locked it away in a savings account / investment and took the 0% APR on the new Enyaq without any deposit.

Effective interest rate of about negative 6%.
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

EnyaqAndy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:32 am It depreciates because if he had a working car, it could be sold today rather than dropping quicker than the use of it would suggest.

However if the car was working or fixed quickly then there would be no need to sell it and it would actually be loosing value by being used.

So it’s only loosing value in hindsight in a way.

I also put 2000 miles on the superb in the 6 weeks it took us to get the new car.

My lesson from this was to always get an electric car on finance for now. For the 85 edition we took the £7k and locked it away in a savings account / investment and took the 0% APR on the new Enyaq without any deposit.

Effective interest rate of about negative 6%.
Exactly it is depreciating because I was going to punt the car last November! I paid cash outright for car and the service from Skoda who knew their was an issue with all vwg cars from 2021 h2, was left to me to dial round dealerships who could fix it. I work in an industry where if we have an issue affecting customers we put in place a plan to ease the burden on the customer. Not the Skoda way unfortunately.
From 6th of August to 22nd December with Alarm going off is quite shocking as well.

Well done Andy.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post