76%
No, unless they make a fundamental change
11%
Absolutely not, I’d choose another brand
13%

Total votes: 46

rgbgr

Post by rgbgr »

I have to say that the car itself is great, but there’s no way I’d buy another Skoda EV unless I could somehow check the software (particularly the app) works properly - it’s so important for an EV.

Just my opinion though. How about you? If you choose the middle option say why in a comment.

Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

After rejecting our bought used 60, and getting an 85 edition with ME4 software or whatever it’s called. Then yes without hesitation.

Night and day difference to 3.X

All issues I noticed with 3.0 are resolved (speed of system to user profile remembering ambient light colours to app range issue resolved etc etc).
Pict

Post by Pict »

I am waiting for the Elroq as we no longer need such a large cabin but we have had no issues with our 71 plate 60. Perfectly happy with performance, software and functionality.

When the full specs are announced then we can decide if it is going to be another Skoda or looking elsewhere

I wonder if this is it although the image gives the impression of something larger

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/7Uj7J3eDCoy2zGqY/
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Tbh the car is great. The EV experience so far is great. I am glad I chose the 80iV variant over 60iv. The range give me 0 anxiety and gets us to where we need to go in UK without having to fork out on public chargers.

The app is ropey but it is not essential to daily car usage.

I like the car and will consider keeping for long term tbh.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think there's a level of expectation with any purchase of a complex piece of equipment. If you go in with your eyes open having done research (download and read the manual, read and ask questions on forums like this etc.) before buying, you're far more likely to understand why it does things a certain way. And if you don't like that way, don't buy it. I've changed my mind on several products because I've found something that their designers think the customer would like and I don't like it that way.

For me, other than the "Travel Assist is not available" issue (which hasn't happened for over a year now), and the 12V battery getting low and disabling things until you unlock it with the fob (probably mainly down to me not using the car much at the moment), there really are only minor faults compared to most of the cars I've owned in the last 30 years. And if I remember back to the cars I had in the early 1990s - the fact that you'd just accept that you'd be cold in winter, or it'd stall at junctions in the summer due to the carburettor being too hot were just 'normal' :D

So yes, when I get to the end of my PCP agreement at the end of next year, I'll be changing to another Enyaq.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

No car is perfect, but the Enyaq manages to be good enough without being annoying. By contrast the Superb PHEV loaner i had at the start of the year drove me nuts.

I keep an eye on the general EV market, and thus far there are no models i've seen which draw me in or appear to offer a better overall package.

The warranty palaver has been a little frustrating, but i'm looking on the bright side, i've been wearing out someone elses tyres in a car thats better than mine. I just hope going from the loaner 80x to my 60 doesnt feel like too much of a downgrade. I dont really need the larger battery, so not that bothered about that part, but losing the 80hp i suspect might be quite noticable after having driven the 80x for a few months.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

RichR wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:48 am I think there's a level of expectation with any purchase of a complex piece of equipment. If you go in with your eyes open having done research (download and read the manual, read and ask questions on forums like this etc.) before buying, you're far more likely to understand why it does things a certain way. And if you don't like that way, don't buy it. I've changed my mind on several products because I've found something that their designers think the customer would like and I don't like it that way.

For me, other than the "Travel Assist is not available" issue (which hasn't happened for over a year now), and the 12V battery getting low and disabling things until you unlock it with the fob (probably mainly down to me not using the car much at the moment), there really are only minor faults compared to most of the cars I've owned in the last 30 years. And if I remember back to the cars I had in the early 1990s - the fact that you'd just accept that you'd be cold in winter, or it'd stall at junctions in the summer due to the carburettor being too hot were just 'normal' :D

So yes, when I get to the end of my PCP agreement at the end of next year, I'll be changing to another Enyaq.
On the 12V issue - On the 85 edition running the V7+ app, when this kicks in you have the option on the app to disable this measure and allow full functionality - which took a long time to reflectin the app after doing so, presumably as the car was less awake... Not sure if this is ME4 or new app feature.... We had this happen after a poor windscreen repair with door open for 1.5 hours on cold day ...

And on the 85 edition the standard steeting wheel (non sport) with paddles has hands on detection - with travel assist asking to hold steering wheel again when holding with 1 hand.. a second lightest of touches registers and gets rid of the warning. Not had a single issue with this either. Not sure if its new the non-sport steering wheel has HoD.
Dad

Post by Dad »

I’ve said ‘yes I’d buy another’ but the reality I’d look around to see what my options were at the time (one or two years away I think).

Been very happy with our IV60. Software has been fine for our needs and the car is great. Updated to v3.2 (from v2) in January but for our needs that hasn’t changed much tbh. Overall very happy.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

I've voted yes as we've just put down a deposit on an 85 Edition including all the extras we have on our iV 80 such as sunroof, 20" wheels,tow bar,etc. but ditched the heat pump this time. We've even gone for the same race blue again, as none of the other colours work as well for us. We're getting a lot of other extras as standard compared to the iV80, which has been a brilliant car and, as we drive the car and not the software, we couldn't find anything on the market that fits the bill as well for us. Trade in value is pretty horrible, but as an outright company purchase the capital allowance has helped. We'd never have made this decision as private buyers. Having driven an 85 Edition the quicker acceleration is fun, and small things like the electric drivers seat adjustments makes for a more comfortable driving position for me and it is great to be able to turn off the lane assist quickly with the new software. Lack of a guaranteed trade in price with an estimated 15-week factory build is a concern, but we have a cancellation agreement if it gets too ridiculous.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
Cwl80

Post by Cwl80 »

Evening Andy,how many miles have you done in the last 2 plus years ,I have a 9 month old 80 sports line with 10000 miles on the clock and I love it.No real problems with the soft ware like you more interested in the comfort and the way it drives .Average over those miles 3.7kwh
Ordered 16/06/ 2022 80 Sports Line ,Race blue ,pan roof .My 5th Skoda when it comes,present car 2020 Octavia Estate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post