Parts availability due to Ukraine/Russia conflict?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MichT

Post by MichT »

Really appreciate any feedback as my car (Enyaq 80X Sportline) has been impounded by my local dealership after being in for a routine service and they have said there is a Skoda recall on the overhead console unit. The part needs replacing. It apparently is involved in airbag function so they have said I shouldn't drive the car. They have had it for 2 months & the part is not available due to sanctions imposed by UK due to Russia/Ukraine war. Is this something others are experiencing or am I just unlucky? There is no guidance on when the part may be available so it appears I am without my car indefinitely.

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I cannot say that it is not correct, however it is surprising if there are components which would be subject to export controls/sanctions by the UK which would prevent them being exported to a manufacturer in the Enyaq supply chain without it causing problems for car manufacture as well. The list of countries covered by controls is given at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/current-arm ... strictions. Individuals/organisations subject to UK sanctions as a result of the conflict don't seem likely to be involved in the Skoda supply chain. The console unit could well contain dual use components and there are controls to try and prevent them getting diverted to Russia but Skoda would be likely to have processes in place so that they would not fall foul of them.

I am surprised that the dealer has found that your car is subject to a recall while in for a routine service and there you have not received prior notification in writing and it is not shown on the UK government database. EU and UK regulations require notification to be provided to the enforcement authority. The .gov.uk website provides a checker here for vehicles registered in the UK https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall. There is a facility to check for vehicle make/model if the registration number is not known and this check does not identify any recalls for the Enyaq. It can also be checked, with the VIN, on the Skoda website at https://recall.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Unlikely this is the reason but it’s possible obviously.

I work in the electrical side of automotive industry, and I’m not aware of many parts or suppliers for electrical items that came from Russia - a few came from Ukraine but this has been dealt with by now.

No expected dual use parts in the OHC. Main dual use parts are radar components.

You could try either phoning a different dealer and asking how much it would cost to buy an OHC and how long it would take, then you know if your dealer is telling the truth. Or get ŠKODA customer services involved who will follow it up with the dealer.

If car is finance approach the finance company and ask for compensation for ‘loss of enjoyment and inconvenience’. They will also help and it could be backdated to the point dealer took your car.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I know that a lot of VW group wiring looms were made in Ukraine, and this had a big effect on all VAG brands at the start of the conflict. However they moved production to other sites and I believe should be back up to full speed now.

But maybe it’s not for all things that were made in Ukraine. It’s worth noting that mostly things are operating as normal in the bulk of western Ukraine, with goods passing freely across the border into the EU as usual.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

That old chestnut.
I had mine replaced within 24 hrs of diagnosing a fault with it (or perhaps it had the same recall that they didn't tell me about) just a few weeks ago. I complained that the sunroof controls weren't working.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
MichT

Post by MichT »

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and advise.
metalmadhammer would you mind saying what dealership were able to replace the part and when this was? May just help me when talking with Skoda head office UK.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post