Duration from Order to Uk Delivery - Your Experience?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions

How many months did your Enyaq take from order to final delivery?

3%
1%
3%
9%
7%
2%
More than 6
19%
Still waiting : 0-3 months so far
4%
Still waiting : 4-6 months so far
8%
Still waiting : over 6 months so far
43%

Total votes: 431

Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Stripy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:34 pm Why should I pay upfront for something they can’t deliver (yet) and don’t know when they can, as they’re trying to figure out if the egg came before the chicken or the other way around.
You misunderstand. I am not saying you should pay upfront. I am not making that suggestion at all.

But what I was saying is that if Skoda have 50,000 cars unfinished, with only deposits paid, and potentially cancellable by their buyers, that is already a huge cash flow issue, and it is understandable that they decide not to exceed that number.
Stripy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:34 pm The longer they take to produce my car….(and yours and yours….) the longer they’ll have to sit and wait with unfinished cars on an airfield.
You make it sound as if they have a choice in the matter. You do realise that they are not doing this for fun, or simply to annoy you?

Practically every car in storage has been "sold" - i.e. has a buyer or dealer having paid a deposit. But if they cannot get the components, what do you suggest they do?
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.

RichR

Post by RichR »

There's a report that's been published this week that predicts that due to the semiconductor shortage (due in part to droughts and flooding in Taiwan and Malaysia, but also COVID affecting the plants and their suppliers) as well as COVID affecting other suppliers and their own workforce, that some car manufacturers are going to be in serious financial trouble.

I don't think the car manufacturers want to be taking potentially over a year to satisfy a customer order (that's what Jaguar LandRover are now quoting), nor have part built cars hanging around. It's come at a terrible time for several such as VW, Skoda, Hyundai in particular, launching their flagship EV models with massive advertising campaigns only to find that they can't build the cars that people are ordering.

All we can do is wait. There really is no point complaining as there's nothing Skoda can do. They've tried hard by sacrificing production of other models to get Enyaqs out the door, but if you don't have the bits, you can't make cars. The shortage of semiconductors was well publicised over a year ago, so long productions times for cars in particular were to be expected. Perhaps some dealers could have done more to make people aware, but certainly I was under no illusion that it'd at least 3-4 months before I get my car when I ordered it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

RichR wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:01 am All we can do is wait. There really is no point complaining as there's nothing Skoda can do. They've tried hard by sacrificing production of other models to get Enyaqs out the door, but if you don't have the bits, you can't make cars. The shortage of semiconductors was well publicised over a year ago, so long productions times for cars in particular were to be expected. Perhaps some dealers could have done more to make people aware, but certainly I was under no illusion that it'd at least 3-4 months before I get my car when I ordered it.
I agree. My local Skoda dealer in Edinburgh was very up front about the lead time. I was aware there was a supply chain issue and he confirmed it.
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Our dealer was maybe a little optimistic quoting 17 weeks 'he thinks' but Skoda made us sign the chitty to say they cant give a date, so it was very clear it could be a long time. As it turns out our build week was brought forward a month to this week, so we may see it before/around mid-November when it was first meant to be arriving according to the 17 week timeframe.
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

just been in touch with my dealer and my build date have moved to status 20.
CONFIRMED build week 41. How long it takes to complete is another story.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

Wotters wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:37 pm just been in touch with my dealer and my build date has moved to status 20.
CONFIRMED build week 41. How long it takes to complete is another story.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

Hi all. I ordered a IV60 with a few basic options on 7th May. It's through a company lease scheme. After many date changes it is finally being delivered to me on 29/09. Can't wait.
Nick481

Post by Nick481 »

Jealous. I ordered mine the beginning of April on company lease and i still haven't got a firm date. As soon as it gets 2 weeks to go they push it back another 2 weeks! Saying mid October but I expect another email soon. They have pushed the date 5 times now!
gtarcher

Post by gtarcher »

Original order placed in early May. Delayed twice & told today no planned build week now & not to expect delivery until 2022. Wonder f continental orders are being prioritised over UK ones?
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Xtopher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:52 am
Xtopher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 am
Stripy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:27 pmNot that I don’t trust you, but where do you get this info from?
Various sources in the press. Most of comes from Union leader(s) as they are very clear to their members what is going on. Some quotes from Skoda CEO. You need to read back stories at least 6 months to build the picture. Like a mention of how many cars they can store in one story, a mention about them having a limit before plant shutdown due to cash flow in another.

On my phone atm but I’ll dig some out and post them when I get on my laptop.

Details from CEO about number of cars they can hold due to cash flow - https://praguebusinessjournal.com/skoda ... -shortage/

Details on latest shutdown (next week) - https://tinyurl.com/7ewpab4n
Cheers, @xtopher, great reading.
“High margin Enyaq” :shock: :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post