Discounts

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Oliveoil

Post by Oliveoil »

I keep reading articles saying car manufacturers are offering huge discounts to shift EVs. Seems to match what I see on sites like carwow for the Ford MachE but not the Enyaq. Are discounts around the corner from Skoda or are they immune from this?

I know we have deposit contributions and 0% plus wallbox offers, but these seem much less than other manufacturers. Is this related to Skoda being the point of sale for all Enyaq rather than the dealer network?

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

0% finance, wall box and £1800 contribution. That’s all you get.

Cars are discounted for a reason.

Mache sales are next to nothing.
orrery

Post by orrery »

I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and enquired. The sales guy said 4 months for delivery for build-to-order, but they had plenty of showroom stock, pre-registered and ex-demo cars on the system.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
fatman

Post by fatman »

orrery wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:53 pm I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and enquired. The sales guy said 4 months for delivery for build-to-order, but they had plenty of showroom stock, pre-registered and ex-demo cars on the system.
how is heat pump . worthwhile or wate of money?
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Those discounts are not just EV's. The whole industry is now in turmoil as no-one is buying any cars, EV or ICE.

It started at least 6 months ago with the higher end of the market. Sales of premium cars plummeted and its slowly working its way down the chain.

Iv'e just been offered 15% off of a brand new diesel Superb Estate. I asked about the Enyaq and was told maxx discounts would be @8% and that is model dependant - most models will only get decent finance deals and no discount. They said there is huge demand for the Enyaq second hand. They only have 2 used on the forecourt and not many in the network except for some demonstrators that are priced not far off RRP.

I would encourage anyone to hold on a few months before buying a new car regardless of the fuel as I am. It sounds to me like heavy discounting even on cheaper cars is on its way and its also likely that interest rates will start to come down soon which may help.

I also wonder if the government are soon going to bring out more schemes for low C02 cars to help their targets.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

metalmadhammer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 pm Those discounts are not just EV's. The whole industry is now in turmoil as no-one is buying any cars, EV or ICE.

It started at least 6 months ago with the higher end of the market. Sales of premium cars plummeted and its slowly working its way down the chain.

Iv'e just been offered 15% off of a brand new diesel Superb Estate. I asked about the Enyaq and was told maxx discounts would be @8% and that is model dependant - most models will only get decent finance deals and no discount. They said there is huge demand for the Enyaq second hand. They only have 2 used on the forecourt and not many in the network except for some demonstrators that are priced not far off RRP.

I would encourage anyone to hold on a few months before buying a new car regardless of the fuel as I am. It sounds to me like heavy discounting even on cheaper cars is on its way and its also likely that interest rates will start to come down soon which may help.

I also wonder if the government are soon going to bring out more schemes for low C02 cars to help their targets.
Disagree with this….
From inside this industry, premium car sales are not dropping and nor are ICE generally.

Sales of both generally higher than last year.

The rate of increase is slowing, and slower than expected but there are still more being shifted. Generally. China market has slowed a lot quicker than expected which has left manufacturing capacity being directed to other previously constrained markets like UK and Europe.

Doubt any government incentives for cars anytime soon. I think the incentives are or will flow into UK car manufacture and/or charging infrastructure. Lowering the cost for cars in the UK without giving anything to any individual.

I personally believe if you can get a good finance deal on a decent car like the Enyaq then it’s probably one of the best times to do so.

Opinion over 😀
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

A couple of examples showing the used car market trends which is starting to have an effect on new car sales due to poor (poorer than expected) trade in values.

Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Skku

Post by Skku »

orrery wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:53 pm I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and enquired. The sales guy said 4 months for delivery for build-to-order, but they had plenty of showroom stock, pre-registered and ex-demo cars on the system.
Yes...but was the cars in stock 2023 or 2024 (with me 4)!?
orrery

Post by orrery »

fatman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:10 pm
how is heat pump . worthwhile or wate of money?

The heatpump is excellent. I've previously driven the Nissan Leaf (I had 24, 30 and 40kWh models) and they all had heatpump as standard.

Worthwhile? Probably not. I assume it is still a grand on the Enyaq?

The debate is: do you want the extra range? The benefit is probably more important for the 60 rather than the 80/85, and in standing traffic. The larger the battery, the less worth it has - but I'm open to hearing other opinions.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.