Car Overriding 'Battery Care' Mode

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
PudHosford

Post by PudHosford »

On my new 85 I have 'Battery Care' mode set to Active. Essentially, this feature defaults the target charge level back to 80% after every charge.

However, every time I start driving I have a 'message' telling me I should activate battery care mode. I go into the settings, and it IS active :? But if I then go into the charging settings the car seems to have over ridden itself and set the target level to 100% :?

To test, this evening I turned off the car, then manually turned off and turned back on the battery care mode. I checked in the charge settings and sure enough the target level was set to 80%. I then left the car for an hours or so, got back in and drove off. I was actually watching the target charge settings and sure enough, with no input from me, they jumped from 80% to 100%, and immediately the warning message came back on saying I should 'activate battery care mode'. :x

Something is overriding the care mode and I cannot figure out what it is! Anyone got any idea?

Thanks.

Deleted User 2590

Post by Deleted User 2590 »

This works fine for me although it may have done something similar once - I thought it was just me at the time.

Battery care mode can be overridden - if battery care mode is active charging can still be set to over 80%, but after this charge it will then change back to 80% as the limit.

My advice is to just switch battery care mode off and on in the car, change the charging level to 80% and make sure any location based charge settings are also set to 80%. This should then work.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

If you override the care mode setting & set a session to 100%, the car will remember that until 100% is achieved. So, if you’ve set a charge to 100% but only achieve say 90%, next time it will try for 100% regardless of battery care setting.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
PudHosford

Post by PudHosford »

Thanks guys. I'll play around a bit more.
PudHosford

Post by PudHosford »

It did it again!

No input from me, had not charged the car or played with any of the settings. Just driving along and suddenly up pops the warning message telling me I should activate Care mode.

I click in, Care Mode is active, but battery is set to 100% for next charge. Baffling
Skku

Post by Skku »

It's a bug - nothing you can do about it. Sometimes I think it accures more often if I'm using the app...
PudHosford

Post by PudHosford »

Ah right. :( Thanks.
RichR

Post by RichR »

For me (2021 build Sportline 80, ME2.6 upgrade to ME3.2), since the last release of the app, the car ignores what limit I set in the app, but does adhere to whatever I set it to on the Infotainment. Also seems to respect Battery Care mode, putting it back to 80% after changing it to 100% and completing a charge (it does have to run to completion though).

However - the 85 is running different battery management hardware and software (as well as a different battery), and also ME4.x main software - so it's probably not that meaningful saying what happens on my 3 year old Enyaq...
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Skoda44

Post by Skoda44 »

I’ve seen the exact same issue but it only happens if I’ve set a 100% charge using the app. If I don’t set it back in the app the car still goes to 100% regardless of what it’s set to charge to in the car. I suspect it’s a bug as already mentioned by Skku.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post