Rear privacy glass

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Goaty wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Perchede wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:17 pm I think the tint is fine. Be careful not to over tint is you want to drive abroad, especially with the rear window tint.

Indeed, there is a legal limit in the UK too. Not sure what it is, but if someone over-tints and later on has an accident, illegal tinting might be something they’d be pulled up on.
Uk is anything behind driver is legal any thing I front is probably going to be illegal

tonypreece22

Post by tonypreece22 »

Privacy glass is an upgrade but you also get double glazing that reduces the cabin noise. All of the options are put together so you get to spend a lot. I have had this with many manufacturers like Audi and BMW. Just look at getting the electric seats option you have to have another unnecessary upgrade. Why cannot you have keyless entry without double glazing?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

tonypreece22 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:07 pm Privacy glass is an upgrade but you also get double glazing that reduces the cabin noise. All of the options are put together so you get to spend a lot. I have had this with many manufacturers like Audi and BMW. Just look at getting the electric seats option you have to have another unnecessary upgrade. Why cannot you have keyless entry without double glazing?

Or vice versa; personally I couldn’t care less about keyless entry, but tinted windows would have been nice. Seems daft Skoda lump them together in a £700+ pack which at that price, puts people like myself off completely! They could have had another £250 off me if tinted windows had been available on their own. That’s all I paid BMW for tints (roughly) when I ordered a brand new 5 series estate, five years ago!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
desholly

Post by desholly »

For whatever reason it never come out but here’s the picture hopefully
27E03317-7343-4BF8-8F82-7580DB8222BD.jpeg
desholly

Post by desholly »

7610A65D-FCFF-4C04-9AFD-AD9CC8447E23.jpeg

Hopefully this shows the tinting rear glass
desholly

Post by desholly »

It's not the best picture but the dealership said this is what they have done and it does look good I was on at them regarding the acoustic glass to start with then they said they had done the privacy
the glass that's what started all this off being that this should have been done ay the factory , still waiting on the customer care call .
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

That actually looks like a job well done, to be honest. I can’t see any evidence of the ‘dot matrix effect’ which has been spoken about elsewhere.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
desholly

Post by desholly »

The only thing I can think of is the manager at the dealership as made a mistake in saying that he had it fitted when he never, I have not yet been down to them since but I just had Skoda on the phone
I to set up a password and once confirm after 24 hrs there will call me back !!!! what a joke .
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Do you mean you had an after-market tint added to already-tinted windows (which weren’t dark enough / private enough for your liking ?) I’m considering doing the same to my Enyaq, so quite interested to know where to get this done (or where to avoid!!).

I wasn’t prepared to pay over £700 to have it included on my Enyaq (not interested in the keyless entry which comes in the same pack as tinted rear windows).
[/quote]

That's exactly what I did with our Enyaq as rear privacy wasn't dark enough for my liking. Cost was 150-200 can't remember the exact figure.

I've been doing this to my cars for years and never had any issues regarding quality or durability.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

desholly wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:39 pm The only thing I can think of is the manager at the dealership as made a mistake in saying that he had it fitted when he never, I have not yet been down to them since but I just had Skoda on the phone
I to set up a password and once confirm after 24 hrs there will call me back !!!! what a joke .

If you look at the photos BioHazd just posted here, you can see the difference. It does look like yours are factory-tinted after all (and your dealership may have worried you unnecessarily!)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1031&p=10298#p10298

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post