Range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bselby

Post by Bselby »

Just got my Enyaq and enjoying it greatly. Just one thing: I’m finding the estimated range shown on the display to be massively optimistic. Left this morning with 197 miles showing and drove 40 and it’s now down to 105. I’m not driving aggressively! Just wondered if others have experienced the same? Does it correct itself over time?

coom80

Post by coom80 »

I was told it will learn your driving style and adjust over time, but not sure how long it’ll take to get real. I’m at just under 1000 miles on mine and it seems pretty accurate now. Originally it was saying 300+ miles on a fill charge but it’s settled out now at around 250.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
harkonen

Post by harkonen »

Hi, Bselby Glad that you are enjoying driving the ENYAQ the 197 miles is as you said an estimate it is affected by temperature, weather, road conditions, speed of travel, and the amount of regeneration. it will predict your mileage more accurately as it gets used to the way you drive. But it is not ever going to be 100% ;)
Ordered 22 May 2022 IV 60 lounge. 100kw charger upgrade, Quartz Grey, Assisted driver pack plus, Driver sports pack, Climate pack plus, Family pack, and a couple of other bits and pieces.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

… and the WLTP figures ( around 333 miles for the iV80 I think ) are never going to be achievable in the real world. I hope dealerships are being open and honest about this !

It looks like the ‘80 is getting around 250 miles, from what I’ve read (driven sensibly and during this warmer time of the year).

I’m not sure what realistic range people are getting with the iV60. I think it’s meant to be around 50~60 miles less ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Bselby

Post by Bselby »

Great, thanks everyone. That’s helpful to know.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

iixorb wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 pm I’m not sure what realistic range people are getting with the iV60. I think it’s meant to be around 50~60 miles less ?
In the "This Is Money" article I quoted recently, they came up with "real world" range for the 60 of 207 miles.

The test (conducted by "What Car?") consisted of the following.

1. Fully charge the car.

2. Leave the car for 15 hours.

3. Then run the car repeatedly through a 15-mile route consisting of 2.6 miles of simulated stop-start urban traffic, 4 miles of steady 50mph driving and 8 miles of driving at a constant speed of 70mph, until the car ran out of charge.

I'm not disappointed with that result, as I would expect the motorway driving stage (over 50% of the distance covered) to use more battery power.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Estimated range is just that - a prediction based on previous average consumption. It's the same in a petrol/diesel car. If you're doing a constant 70mph on the motorway it'll be pretty accurate. But if you stop, go up or down hills, accelerate or brake hard, it won't be. If you drive a petrol car on a race track at high rpm, you'll burn through a tank of fuel in minutes. But if you sit doing 56mph on a motorway you'll be able to drive for many hours. And if you're parked, it can't see into the future and know you you're going to drive, it doesn't have a crystal ball :)

This is my favourite analogy (that I think I've posted on here four times in the last few months): If you tow a caravan up a steep hill, you'll probably be using quite a lot of electricity (or petrol), so the average consumption per mile will be high. Now at the top of the hill, you park up and charge the battery (or fill the tank). What do you think the estimated range will say? It'll assume you're still going up the hill with the caravan, so it won't be that high. Now you disconnect the caravan and go back down the hill. As you're pretty much just rolling, the consumption will be very low. At the bottom of the hill what will the expected range be? Something unrealistically high. Now you drive on the flat for 100 miles without stopping or changing speed. The estimated range will drop and settle to being correct - because what you're going to do in the next 30 minutes is no different to what you've done in the last 30 minutes.

Use it as a guide, as it will go up and down depending on how you're driving. It is not a direct measure of how much charge is in the battery, so don't treat it as such. Annoyingly the Enyaq doesn't give a nice battery percentage display on the dashboard though.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

My 60 is consistently returning an energy consumption of 3.6 m/kWh (after 1500 miles of mostly short journeys on rural roads but includes 2 motorway journeys of 190 and 90 miles each at 65mph) which implies a range, from 100%, charge of 209 miles (remarkably close to the What Car figure of 207 quoted earlier). This in July temperatures. Winter will see a significant reduction. EV database quotes ranges from 145 miles for "highway cold weather" up to 300 for "city mild weather" and interestingly settles on 205 miles for their "EVDB real range".
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

That's remarkably consistent, isn't it. I can definitely work with that.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

All the reviews said the range predication were accurate - maybe they all drive the same way.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post