Has anyone actually seen an Enyaq on the road yet?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Resurrecting an ancient thread... sorry.

I've never seen recognition from other Enyaq drivers that I'm in an Enyaq, so they were obviously too common by the time mine finally came.

But today I was slowly moving through traffic on the M25, and I saw an artic silver Enyaq approaching in the next lane.

When they reached me, I looked across, expecting some sort of recognition. But no. Two stony faced people looking straight ahead with no deviation.

We passed each other a few times, but nothing.

Very disappointing!

Not a doppelganger - theirs was a 60 rather than a Sportline, hence this thread rather than that ancient one :D
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I havent seen another vRS coupe or indeed any other coupe on the road yet.
Only in showroom or demonstrator outside.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

There’s a few in morecambe but possible just dealership workers cars
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I have only seen one Enyaq since receiving mine 3 weeks ago but have seen a few over the year since I ordered it. I have only seen one in the wild vRS, on the M25 between Leatherhead and the M23.
The rest have been scattered over the UK
1 charging on the CCS charger at Sprucefield, Lisburn while we were charging on AC, just after ordering the Enyaq
1 on the Blackwater valley relief road passing Aldershot
1 charging at M40 Cherwell Valley services, 1 on the M40 passing Warwick, 1 at the M6 Stratford Northbound services
1 on the A404(M) approaching the M4
1 Arctic Silver joining M25 ACW from M3 southbound, 1 at M25 J8 and 1 on M23 south going off at Gatwick Junction
1 at Meadows roundabout in Camberley heading for M3
2 in Bracknell
1 in Ballynahinch, 1 at Banbridge and 1 Dublin taxi in Sainsbury's carpark at Sprucefield, Lisburn
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

snalbansed wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:41 pm Resurrecting an ancient thread... sorry.

I've never seen recognition from other Enyaq drivers that I'm in an Enyaq, so they were obviously too common by the time mine finally came.

But today I was slowly moving through traffic on the M25, and I saw an artic silver Enyaq approaching in the next lane.

When they reached me, I looked across, expecting some sort of recognition. But no. Two stony faced people looking straight ahead with no deviation.

We passed each other a few times, but nothing.

Very disappointing!

Not a doppelganger - theirs was a 60 rather than a Sportline, hence this thread rather than that ancient one :D

I’ve had virtually zero acknowledgment from other Enyaq drivers as well. I think because we’re all on this forum, we’re probably more interested in Enyaq’s than those who aren’t (and all but one fellow Enyaq driver I’ve spoken to at charging stations said they’re not on this forum).

I met a fellow Enyaq driver last week at the Ionity station on the M6 / Staffs who was heading down to the South of France in his Enyaq. He said he was really pleased with it.

Many don’t care I guess, as they are either unaware that another Enyaq is next to them (my wife is in that category!) or perhaps they’re not living the dream (disillusioned with increasing electricity costs?)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
EVSJ

Post by EVSJ »

CrowSysE243 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:48 pm 1 on the Blackwater valley relief road passing Aldershot

One of these may well have been me! This is a regular route for me from Farnham to Camberley.

Now 3 enyaqs in the estate I live in with another 1 on order that I know of, feels like they are slowly taking over!
IV80 ordered 31/03/22. Estimated 13 month wait. Build week 10 '23.
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

EVSJ wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:43 pm
CrowSysE243 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:48 pm 1 on the Blackwater valley relief road passing Aldershot

One of these may well have been me! This is a regular route for me from Farnham to Camberley.

Now 3 enyaqs in the estate I live in with another 1 on order that I know of, feels like they are slowly taking over!
The one at the Meadows roundabout had a personalised number plate but was originally registered in 2021. The other is a possibiity.

They are certainly more of them about now. I have seen several in the last few weeks which have been registered last month, plus a Luton registered (Energy I think) blue sportsline crossing the Blackwater Valley relief road at the Mytchett/Farnborough Park junction on Tuesday. I have seen a different one three days now this week.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

Most recent one I've spotted is on the first episode of series 2 of Good Omens on amazon prime. It makes a few appearances in the first 20 mins.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post