Climatronic

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Anyone know if you can turn "Eco" functionality off for the Climate control?

Currently it seems to only heat segments of the car where someone is sat ("weight on seat"). However with the children in their car seat, they don't trigger this as all their weight is on the Isofix points, so the rear section of the car stays in "Eco". I have been through the menus and can't see anything, seems a bit of a flaw for a family size SUV.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Just adjust the bit you need which says eco soon as you adjust it will change to whatever you want or other option is set to sync in settings . In drive mode if I’m individual you can also change it as a preset
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

So after nearly 6 months, at the end of March, a 'machine' needed to de-gas and re-gas the high pressure CO2 heat pump system was located, not with Skoda but another member of the VAG. I had previously stated that I would take the car to any Skoda dealership in the UK.

The car went in and on de-gassing I am told that the volume of refrigerant in the system was less than it should have been. When the machine attempted to re-gas the system a leak was detected and, as a result, the machine shut down in order, again I am told, to prevent venting of refrigerant to atmosphere.

The car was then returned to my Skoda dealership to identify the source of the leak and effect the necessary repair. Suffice to say, I was informed that leaving the car where the machine was, to be fixed, was not an option.

To my mind, without such a machine, trying to find a leak in this highly pressurised system, which had been de-gassed and now had little or no pressure, would be like putting a bicycle tyre inner tube with a puncture into a bucket of water and watching for bubbles without being able to inflate it.

Ten weeks later I now have my car back due to the tremendous effort of my local dealership in diagnosing the problem without having access to 'the machine'. After finally diagnosing what they thought was the source of the leak a couple of weeks ago and obtaining and fitting the parts, there was a short wait until the car was returned to the other VAG member earlier this week and re-gassed successfully.

Clearly I am hoping that this has done the trick and no further problems arise. You will forgive a tinge of apprehension on my part.

I am advised that the leak was in one of the two 'service connectors' on the heat pump system. Both were replaced. To my knowledge no sensors or systems on the car detected or identified the fault. The only reason it became apparent to me was the loss of cooling capability of the air conditioning in the cabin.

I have tried to be brief and can assure you that every question that you are thinking to yourself has been asked in person and every response explored. There is much more detail that I have not included because either the information is not known to me personally or is third hand and I cannot verify. I intend to continue my conversations with Skoda UK, but in the meantime thought this update may assist any other Enyaq owner experiencing a similar issue.
Sinclair_C5

Post by Sinclair_C5 »

Thanks for the update, I have an 80, no heat pump but no cooling so I fear I have a similar problem. Had it since Nov but only just noticed now it's getting warm. My wife swears it's working but I think she's just getting cool air from outside. I said stick your hand out of the window and you'll see it's the same temp, but she refused as "it's dangerous" :)

This sounds like a painful episode for you, I am dreading contacting my dealer. But am totally not up for finding someone to diagnose and fix it of my own accord, how come the dealer wasn't handling all that?
Enyaq iV80 Suite 125kW, Quartz Grey, 20" Vegas, Climate Plus, Family Plus, Andersen A2.
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Sinclair_C5 - As yours is not the 'heat pump' system (see some excellent posts by others regarding the difference) I would hope that checking, de-gassing and re-gassing would be a more straightforward prospect with relevant equipment more readily available at most dealers All I would say is go with your gut feeling that something is not 'right' and, if you feel it is appropriate, get it checked. I persevered and thanks to the faith in my observations by my local dealership and their tireless efforts to resolve it I now have car back working The difference in the cooling effect in the cabin, the only symptom of the defect apparent to me, is 'chalk & cheese'.
Sinclair_C5

Post by Sinclair_C5 »

Cheers Deasea, yes I found that heat pump post, that is some serious pressure! Loving my Enyaq overall but wow the dealer was useless, every single piece of paperwork had errors on it that I had to correct, it pains me he got paid commission for that sale, I would have preferred a web form. Hopefully the service team are better!
Enyaq iV80 Suite 125kW, Quartz Grey, 20" Vegas, Climate Plus, Family Plus, Andersen A2.
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

Same lack of AC has come to light in the warm weather. Booked in with dealer, who offered a surprisingly early slot.

Fan works overtime, but only circulating hot air.