Sat Nav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My car spent 5 days with Dealer and they were unable to solve the problem. Later they told me that Skoda had advised them to use a smaller capacity USB, but I could tell that they were doubtful this would work, so for the time being am living with the problem as I don’t want to be without the car for another week. Believe Skoda are aware that a number of Enyaqs were delivered with this problem and they have 6 months to sort it out and unless advises to the contrary have yet to find a solution.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

fmaytain

Post by fmaytain »

Thank you for the news.

I really hope that the big update from this summer will solve the problem. And bring some good new things.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

My dealer also booked my car in for a week to try to resolve the same problems. On day 4 I took it back, explaining that after reading the forums and social media, it was quite obvious that Skoda did not have a fix, and Skoda UK were STILL telling me that this is not a known issue. My dealer was not very happy, and said that they were following a step-by-step process outlined by Skoda. When I further argued that although I understood this, other owners had been through this exact procedure only to be told that they would have to wait for the promised software upgrade, and that they were very probably wasting my time and theirs.

My questions are - has Skoda a) admitted there is an issue, and b) confirmed that this will be rectified in the update along with all other promised features?

I suspect that for us existing owners with this problem, there is a hardware component to be changed, hence the necessity to return to the dealer. Maybe with parts being in short supply or committed to new production, this is why we cannot be updated now, Why cannot Skoda just tell us that this is an issue and that they actually have an answer, what it is, and when we can get it. Just be honest and transparent, instead of trying to fudge the issue with 'a process to be followed'. Why do we have to wait until 2nd half 2022 to get the functionality we paid for?

Has anybody here had this sat nav problem and actually it had it fixed by the dealer?

dorsetandy...is your dealer in Bournemouth/Poole? Are you prepared to say?
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Hi - yes my dealer is Hendy Poole. When they had my car for 5 days they were following a process advised to them by Skoda. I did e-mail Hendy a couple of weeks ago seeking any update, but have not had any response so far. I’m now considering contacting/complaining directly to Skoda because if it is a hardware issue the version 3 software won’t solve it and like others my patience is running out after 5 months of ownership.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Coincidentally, having posted yesterday my Dealer contacted me today to request the vehicle for a further attempt to resolve this issue. Tried to find out exactly what the latest fix is, but the service receptionist did not know. Only having a loan car for a day so hopefully whether it actually gets fixed or not will only be without the Enyaq for day. Be an experience to revisit a petrol forecourt!
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

My car goes in next Friday (6th May) for them to “have another go” with a predefined routine from Skoda. I still don’t think it will solve the issues, but I will post an update when I get it back.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Thanks for the update. Hope it works for you. I've seen a couple of reports now that completely reinstalling from scratch seems to work. But I might wait until I hear back before trying with our dealer again...
Last edited by DazAutomatic on Tue May 10, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Alyaq

Post by Alyaq »

Hi, did anyone get this problem sorted as post are dated last year. Picked up my Enyaq 60 10 days ago and have the exact same problem with the sat nav. It's been back twice now. Latest was for a complete factory reset but no change!
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Have a look at the post/thread just below this one - Navigation Night Mode. Mine was fixed today and I have provided the best explanation I could as to the actual process my Dealer used. At least one other forum member has also had a successful fix. Good luck!
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Hi all,
As promised I have an update…
Car went into the dealership today for them to try a procedure as requested by Skoda Technical.

They did a reinstall of the navigation software, there was no update to the software as all the software versions stayed the same, but it’s fixed the issue of car position off the bottom of the screen and the night mode not working. The car position indicator and route line has changed from the original blue colour to green, which seems to be the version that works.

They did some sort of SD card reinstall, that’s as much as I know, but it might be worth asking your local dealership if it can be done if you have the same problem.

Hope this helps people.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post