Dealership images of my iV80, pre delivery etc

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Antonio PT wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:16 pm Thanks for sharing your experience. I assume the charging process went OK.. Any other impressions, positive or negative? Sound power... good bass/subwoofer?, Confort ?, soundproofing ?, camaras for parking ? Is autonomy in line with what they say...?
As I stil dont know when will I have my 80, just looking forward to have as much feedback as possible. Thanks !
Hi,

I need to drive it a lot more and get familiar before I jump to any specific conclusions (positive and negative) but my initial findings are:

Bad:
Auto-hold can make parking more tricky, as it slams on the brakes without warning. Can be disabled though through a bit of menu diving.

Auto dimming drivers door mirror - some people like them but I don’t. I think they’re dangerous, as they become very dark if someone behind you has very bright lights. Then you can’t see cyclists ! Stupid idea I reckon. Never had a problem with too much light coming at me from non-dimming door mirrors in over 30 years of driving. Might see if it can be disconnected (I don’t think it can be disabled in the menu).

No other negatives at the moment !!

Good:
Very comfortable (Loft trim) and not at all wallowy around bends. Doesn’t feel like a heavy car.

Great acceleration if required.

Adaptive Cruise Control works really well. I don’t recommend it for city driving though, as it sometimes suddenly accelerates where you might not want it to. Best to keep it for motorways. Seems I got Traffic Jam Assist with my one, and that is good in city’s. Automatically starts and stops driving in heavy traffic.

Great range so far - I think I’d get over 250 miles in my 80, including motorway driving.

Reverse camera is good at night and day. I’m not actually used to looking at it - and keep forgetting to look at it, as my previous cars only had sensors. My wife swears by it in her Qashqai but I generally prefer good reliable sensors (like the excellent BMW system).

Charging at home - not tried scheduling yet but certainly seems to work well when I plug straight into my PodPoint (apart from 3kW limiter which PodPoint still don’t seem to have removed). App is a little sluggish but does a good job of starting / stopping charging and also pre-heating the cabin.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

Hi Goaty, sounds pretty good... a lot more positive than negative :). Sorry I insist on the sound quality,.. did you check if there's a subwoofer in the trunk or so? I have been reading at a ID4 forum and some guys are actually uogarding the sound system with a subwoofer + amp in the trunk. What do you think?
I did order the extra with the 360 camaras. Hope that is helpful and practical..
Thomas419924

Post by Thomas419924 »

I have the Canton sound system in my Kodiaq just now while I’m waiting on my IV80 , In the Kodiaq the subwoofer sits in the spare wheel in the boot which the Enyaq doesn’t have . I never noticed if you could spec the Canton sound system .
:D IV80 race blue , Suite interior, heat pump , 125Kw fast charging, Climate plus pack .ordered Oct 16th 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Pretty sure there’s no subwoofer on the current Enyaq system, but an uprated system with one is rumoured to be an option in a year or two. It does however have more speakers (eight I think) than the ID.4, and has had quite favourable reviews.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Thomas419924

Post by Thomas419924 »

RichR wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:54 pm Pretty sure there’s no subwoofer on the current Enyaq system, but an uprated system with one is rumoured to be an option in a year or two. It does however have more speakers (eight I think) than the ID.4, and has had quite favourable reviews.
Good hopefully it’s as good as the Canton.
:D IV80 race blue , Suite interior, heat pump , 125Kw fast charging, Climate plus pack .ordered Oct 16th 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I don’t think it is, but the reviews seem to say it’s one of the better non-premium standard systems.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:04 am I don’t think it is, but the reviews seem to say it’s one of the better non-premium standard systems.

I don’t think there is a sub woofer in my standard Enyaq audio system but indeed, the audio quality is excellent. Maybe not capable of thunderous town-centre-shaking ‘808 Bass Booms’ which my son seems to think is essential in a car, but certainly a decent enough level of bass (without sounding too muddy) and a decent amount of ‘treble’. Plus the ability to move the ‘focus’ around.

I’m quite fussy when it comes to audio and following on from a great system (standard one) in my BMW, I’m not disappointed. It’s a very well balanced system.

By the way - nearly 400 miles into it, and nothing whatsoever to complain about, with plenty to like (I’ve sorted the Auto Brake short cut thanks to support from this forum, and I’ll just have to get over my dislike of auto-dimming driver’s wing mirrors). 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

That sounds good.. so far. A lot of positive points :)
What about the 13" screen.. is the touch effective? And the voice control...do we have to repeat comands ?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Antonio PT wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 pm That sounds good.. so far. A lot of positive points :)
What about the 13" screen.. is the touch effective? And the voice control...do we have to repeat comands ?

So far, no freeze up of the touch screen. Feels responsive and a bit like an iPad screen. They probably could have got away with a slightly smaller screen!

The ‘Laura’ command is pretty useless at the moment. It’s slow to respond and often says it’s unable to complete tasks. I’m not bothered about this feature though.
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

What about the infotainment.. what is the use of that exactly? I read somewhere that it has to have a e-Sim in order to do the job.. is that so?
Do you use GoogleMaps or Waze mirrored from your phone?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post