Pod point order experience

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Hi All

Whilst waiting for our Enyaq we thought we would be proactive on ordering our PodPoint.

So paid for PodPoint with grant, was told to fill out a form for the grant then have to do a virtual survey... Apparently due to Covid but poor excuse given everyone else working around this .

Ten or so photos later and filled out submitted but heard nothing 48 hours later .

Is this normal? If so, how long did it take to get them to contact you.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I had mine fitted four years ago so I suspect things have changed since as they’ll be busier. Took about two weeks from me sending photos and diagrams to installation, which was faultless and very professional (vacuumed and dusted the brick dust leaving the porch cleaner than when he started.)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I had no problem getting hold of them back in May / June when I ordered my PodPoint (and also had to provide the photos etc). But the last month or so has been a completely different experience; takes a long time to get through and when they do eventually answer, it seems to be an ‘agent’ acting on behalf of PodPoint, rather than PodPoint staff (I needed them to unlock a charging restriction which has been in place since installation). Took a few goes before they eventually did this.

Feels like a different company altogether to the one I was happy with back in June, but I suppose they have just become soooo busy now with the massive uptake in EV’s.

The actual installation was excellent. No complaints there 👍. Good charger and satisfactory app, too.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I've just had one installed, so my timings are current.

There was some back and forth in August, where I had some hesitation on starting the order, I asked some questions, and they normally responded within 48 hours. They then got in contact a week later to ask if I wanted to proceed. I answered that I was having to have my main fuse upgraded, and didn't want to proceed until that was done - they thanked me, and then left me alone.

I then placed the order on 17/09/2021. Unfortunately, I overlooked the bit for uploading proof of purchase and such. They prompted me on this on 24/09/2021, and I got in touch with what they needed on the same day. (So that delay was my fault).

Their next contact with me was 30/09/2021, telling me that my OZEV grant application was complete, and they had passed my order on to scheduling. 2 hours later, I got another email with a suggested install date of 02/11/2021, which I accepted.

The install went to plan on 02/11/2021.

Then on 12/11/21, they emailed me with my Pod Point Electrical Certificate.

So I think your order is currently waiting for the OZEV grant to complete, after which they will get in touch. For me, that took between the 24th and 30th October, a full week.

Hope this helps.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I ordered mine back in July and it was all done and dusted up and running within 3 weeks, I had the optional lock fitted to mine and so far it hasn’t missed a beat it charged my ID3 once a week and the wife’s Vauxhall Mokka e and now it’s onto the Enyaq, it’s like having a fuel station on your driveway 👍👍
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Had mine done in August, the team at Podpoint were good. The actual unit was installed by a 3rd party, but no complaints about the install.
I had the lock installed, key lock on the side of the unit, and every time I need to charge I have to plug it into the unit, then the car, lock the car and unlock the unit. If I don’t do it in this sequence then it fails, does anyone else have this?
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Chris__M wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:24 am I've just had one installed, so my timings are current.

There was some back and forth in August, where I had some hesitation on starting the order, I asked some questions, and they normally responded within 48 hours. They then got in contact a week later to ask if I wanted to proceed. I answered that I was having to have my main fuse upgraded, and didn't want to proceed until that was done - they thanked me, and then left me alone.

I then placed the order on 17/09/2021. Unfortunately, I overlooked the bit for uploading proof of purchase and such. They prompted me on this on 24/09/2021, and I got in touch with what they needed on the same day. (So that delay was my fault).

Their next contact with me was 30/09/2021, telling me that my OZEV grant application was complete, and they had passed my order on to scheduling. 2 hours later, I got another email with a suggested install date of 02/11/2021, which I accepted.

The install went to plan on 02/11/2021.

Then on 12/11/21, they emailed me with my Pod Point Electrical Certificate.

So I think your order is currently waiting for the OZEV grant to complete, after which they will get in touch. For me, that took between the 24th and 30th October, a full week.

Hope this helps.
Really helpful, thanks for all the information and thanks to everyone that has responded with their experience. Probably.wont have the Enyaq turn up for another few months but didn't want to be waiting for the home charging.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

DazzUK wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:55 pm Had mine done in August, the team at Podpoint were good. The actual unit was installed by a 3rd party, but no complaints about the install.
I had the lock installed, key lock on the side of the unit, and every time I need to charge I have to plug it into the unit, then the car, lock the car and unlock the unit. If I don’t do it in this sequence then it fails, does anyone else have this?
That shouldn't be the case, have you tried unlocking the unit first and allowing the status LED to get to Blue then proceeding with plugging in ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

BioHzrd wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 pm
DazzUK wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:55 pm Had mine done in August, the team at Podpoint were good. The actual unit was installed by a 3rd party, but no complaints about the install.
That shouldn't be the case, have you tried unlocking the unit first and allowing the status LED to get to Blue then proceeding with plugging in ?
No, but I will next time. I thought it was just the process that needed to be followed. Thanks for the advice.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I don't have a Podpoint but my charger needs to be unlocked at the time it is plugged in or it wont charge.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post