Front Grill Surround ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Anyone with the car yet wiling to have look and see how easy/hard it will be to remove the front grill completely or if its possible to remove the surround while its in place ?

I hate chrome so first job is to remove it and potentially wrap or spray it and at worst case purchase the black one from Skoda for an eye watering ยฃ130
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Sorry canโ€™t help as I have no chrome ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

darkside66 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:35 pm Sorry canโ€™t help as I have no chrome ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Same grill, you willing to have a poke around see how easy it would be to remove the grill or surround at app ?

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

You'll probably fine that the grill is screwed into the bumper and also into the top panel. You'd get to the lower ones by taking out the lights.
The slab of black plastic inside would either be screwed in to the grill from behind or clipped in.

If younwant to make sure why not sign up for the skoda erwin portal and download the workshop manuals. It would cost whatever a hours access is and you can download/print them to pdf.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

@BioHzrd I will have a look at lunchtime and see if I can cast any light on it
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

darkside66 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:36 am @BioHzrd I will have a look at lunchtime and see if I can cast any light on it
Did you manage to have a wee look ?

darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

3760019A-596B-4874-82B6-FE14D6F71DDE.jpeg

Hi BioHzrd I have had a look and have no idea Iโ€™m assuming it clips on

4A6F9E66-B4BD-4422-987F-E509C38006CC.jpeg

Duderooner

Post by Duderooner »

Not sure if it would be possible to remove the grille without taking the bumper off. The images of the black grille replacments look to have lots of places where it clips in.

This video shows someone removing the bumper.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I'm thinking the main grill will be screwed in place and I'm hoping that the surround will just be held in with aboit 1000 plastic clips that will bo doubt snap at the slightest pull !

Thanks for the images darkside66 I think if I remove the top cover at the bonnet larch lever it'll give me a better idea when I get mine home.

darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

Good luck there didnโ€™t seem to be an easy way you could have it wrapped in black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post