MyŠKODA - Activate Vehicle

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Seems to be back up now?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess seeing as we had about 30 posts saying it was down, we need the same to say it's back up :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Indeed it does seem to be back up.

Although they’ve changed the colour and the wheels of my car 😂

E78F13FF-2E88-4311-B4D3-EED8C8980095.png

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Back up again now.

Everyone please message/vent your anger at the infoline ( infoline@skoda-auto.cz ) or Herbert Diess on Twitter (he has just taken over CARIAD which is VW Group software arm, claims he is big into tech), as they need know that selling these cars as connected and then not providing 24/7/365 support for the apps is not acceptable. They are no longer a value add proposition now they are selling the cars as connected IMO.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Yep back up but all feels a little amateurish to me. No service message on the app is pretty poor. No customer service email to explain or apologise. Is this really an app supported by a multi national company or an afterthought created by Barry in his bedroom?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Dad

Post by Dad »

Xtopher wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:28 am Back up again now.

Everyone please message/vent your anger at the infoline ( infoline@skoda-auto.cz ) or Herbert Diess on Twitter (he has just taken over CARIAD which is VW Group software arm, claims he is big into tech), as they need know that selling these cars as connected and then not providing 24/7/365 support for the apps is not acceptable. They are no longer a value add proposition now they are selling the cars as connected IMO.
Done.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:15 pm Yep back up but all feels a little amateurish to me. No service message on the app is pretty poor. No customer service email to explain or apologise. Is this really an app supported by a multi national company or an afterthought created by Barry in his bedroom?

The BMW app had similar issues 5 years ago. I gave up on it in the end. Therefore not something exclusively affecting Skoda.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Same with the Mitsubishi Outlander one. Many people just didn’t bother with it.
I can’t understand why people get so upset about losing such an insignificant bit of functionality occasionally. If the app was the only way to do something then fair enough, but other than saving you waking a few metres it really isn’t essential.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Rich, I agree the app is pretty naff generally, however it is useful for monitoring the charging. The bit I think you are missing is that because there is absolutely no indication from Skoda that the problem is “theirs”, it causes the users to wonder what’s wrong, how do we fix it, do we need to scan the VIN again and so on. All completely unnecessary if they could simply display the app service status or a message informing you “it’s us, not you”. .. at which point you accept the issue and walk a few meters to the car. It’s not walking a few meters to the car that’s an issue… it’s thinking you have done something wrong or whatever. It’s completely avoidable.. and to me it’s amateurish.

On the positive side… it’s why this forum community is so good!

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Goaty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:29 pm
Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:15 pm Yep back up but all feels a little amateurish to me. No service message on the app is pretty poor. No customer service email to explain or apologise. Is this really an app supported by a multi national company or an afterthought created by Barry in his bedroom?

The BMW app had similar issues 5 years ago. I gave up on it in the end. Therefore not something exclusively affecting Skoda.
Yes, BMW introduced a new app last year, My BMW, which seems much better. The previous version was a mess…

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post