remove the rear seats

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
inteificio

Post by inteificio »

Hi,

This is a bit of a strange question, but I'm a strange person...

I'm wanting to remove the rear seats from the enyaq.

On my last car, it just required a few bolts however everything seems quite enclosed in the Enyaq.

Has anyone looked into removing the rear seats (backs or base).

Thanks,

Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

Ok I'll bite...can I ask why you want to remove the rear seats?
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Looking at how the seats come apart on the superb, id guess that it is the same on the enyaq. The bottom seat squab just pulls out with a sharp tug. When you take out the seat though, you need to replace the rear seat squab pin guides.
I guess they break or deform when you take the seat out. The bolts for the centre seat belt and rear seats should be accessible with the squab out.
inteificio

Post by inteificio »

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I essentially want a 2 seater mountain bike hauler.

So 50% of the time I will be using the car as a work van, and on the weekend wifey and I will go biking.

I want to be able to comfortably put the bikes in the back.

Due to the way the seats are currently designed leaves limited headroom.

If I can get these seats out it will be a near perfect car for what I need, but it's a dealbreaker.

Currently I use a Honda Jazz and have considerably more room that the enyaq (with the seats gone vs enyaq seats in), but the boot isn't long enough.

The rear space is longer in the E, which will be nice.
It's narrower, which is OK.
The head room is what kills it, the boot is full of battery and seats. I'd prefer to remove the seats than the battery for room =)
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Guess there’s a reason why you don’t consider a tow bar and bike rack?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
inteificio

Post by inteificio »

My bike is too large to fit on a bike rack.
It's LONG.
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

I expect they will be similar design to the Octavia. The base unclips easily then to remove the seat backs there is a few bolts to undo under the seat base that once removed you can remove the 2 seat upright sections. Not a difficult job.

The isofix clips were the most annoying part to remove before you could take the base out on the octavia.
inteificio

Post by inteificio »

thanks, looks like I'll get one and work something out in a year when it arrives.

There is always an angle grinder =)
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've got a bit of the workshop manual now. It is pretty much as greg_s said.

Remove the seat base - remove the ISOFIX covers and lugs, then pull the front of the seat upwards sharply. Unplug the wiring and remove from the car.
Remove the seat backs - once the base is removed, fold the seat backs down and you can get to the brackets that hold the backs. Remove the covers from the brackets, take out the screw holding the clamp then you can remove the clamps and lift the seat backs off the pins that hold them together. Unplug the wiring and remove from the car.

Be aware that the clips that secure the front of the seat base are single use, so you'll have to buy new ones when refitting (unless you're lucky and don't split them when getting it off). Also I'm not sure, but you might get warnings logged due to the seat occupancy sensors being unplugged.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

inteificio wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:47 am thanks, looks like I'll get one and work something out in a year when it arrives.

There is always an angle grinder =)
I think there would be a good deal of interest to see photos of the interior when the work is completed, if you'd feel comfortable posting them? It's not something I'll be doing but good to have an impression of how it would work as a large compartment space
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post