DASH CAM HELP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

That is the mad thing I don’t ever actually use the horn in my car (I can’t remember the last time I used a car horn)

But a friend pressed it and I was so embarrassed about the sound it just had to go
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

DazF05 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:44 am That is the mad thing I don’t ever actually use the horn in my car (I can’t remember the last time I used a car horn)

But a friend pressed it and I was so embarrassed about the sound it just had to go

I used to use them a little too to often to be honest. Any little misdemeanour from other drivers would have resulted in a satisfactory blast from one of my previous large German cars. The pathetic ‘toot’ from the Enyaq isn’t something I’d want to draw attention to - so it’s an opportunity for me to learn to become a better citizen!! 😇
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

I am looking at fitting a dashcam my self and all the replys are very good and very helpful. But with the hard wire kit from next base, there is an earthing wire. Does anyone know where to wire this in to the chassis?
Artic silver 60, 100kw charging, heatpump and a few other goodies.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I actually had to use my horn the other day.

And I couldn't help think "Is that really what people have been complaining about?"

The guy who cut me up at the roundabout gave me two fingers, so he obviously heard it clear enough. :lol:
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

There is lots of metal under the fuse box so plenty of options for an earth
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Had my Nextbase Camera fitted by my local dealer. This was the first time they had fitted one to an Enyaq so they followed the Skoda fitting instructions exactly. Unclipping the B pillar trim on the LHS side of the windscreen resulted in a slight crease being made into this trim panel. Dealer has ordered a replacement trim panel ( only took 10 days) and has raised a technical query with Skoda re the recommended fitting procedure - Dealer maintains following Skoda’s recommended fitting procedure will always result in a creased trim.

Posted so anyone thinking of a DIY hardwire dashcam fit is aware of the potential to damage the B pillar trim.

61604CB1-502B-4C99-B062-9F4D39B7FB23.jpeg

94DB489A-1960-4242-AA7D-88E8BF45A18D.jpeg

IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

There is a proper procedure for removing the A pillar from these vehicles. Basically it involves being careful !

I showed the workshop manual earlier in this thread. There are some 2 stage fixing clips which control the release of the A pillar trim during airbag activation which have to be carefully dismantled. They are a real pain I know as I've tackled them before on other vehicles. If you don't remove and reassemble them correctly and the airbag was ever to be activated, anyone sitting near it would be smacked in the face with the A pillar trim rather than the soft airbag !

I did mine with no problems whatsoever.

Looks like they just wrenched the cover back to gain access rather than removing it properly, hence the crease.

They should be named and shamed !

Hope they replace the clips correctly too.

https://www.araymond-automotive.com/sit ... 18_Web.pdf

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I wonder if there are any suitable 12V sources near the top of the windscreen that would mean you can avoid the need to remove the cover at all. Must be something in the mirror, or the box behind containing the camera, rain, temperature and humidity sensors as well as the windscreen heater (for the camera) and microphones. Or perhaps from the interior lights or makeup lights?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

RichR wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:51 am I wonder if there are any suitable 12V sources near the top of the windscreen that would mean you can avoid the need to remove the cover at all. Must be something in the mirror, or the box behind containing the camera, rain, temperature and humidity sensors as well as the windscreen heater (for the camera) and microphones. Or perhaps from the interior lights or makeup lights?
It would be great and if there were suitable supplies available, make life so much easier for all.

Most of the devices up there just have a single permanent supply and are then controlled by the canbus network to operate them. A dash cam needs an "ignition" controlled supply (and preferably with its own fuse).

The only "ignition" supplied device I can think of is the interior dipping mirror, although that's only low power.

I fitted a dash cam in a Ford Kuga recently, it had a good beefy (ignition switched) supply for the sunroof operating switches up there to connect into. But unfortunately the Enyaq is all electronic touch switches, so there's no chance there.

But I'm sure someone will know a way.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I used the feed to the rear view mirror in my Subaru Outback - it had a 10A fuse, I guess because the powered version of the mirror (not fitted on UK models) has a few functions (compass, universal infrared garage door opener, dimming etc). Could put a small relay or transistor circuit up there to provide a higher current switched 12V when something low current like the lights or mirror power are enabled maybe.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post