Towbar lighting failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Sparky50

Post by Sparky50 »

IanEV wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:21 pm
Sparky50 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:08 pm IanEV I had the Brink towbar fitted. Seems quite neat and would be even better if it worked. 🙄
I’ll be interested to know how you get on, fingers crossed you can get it working with a bike rack
Ok. So update. The original installer had not coded the Brink towbar to the vehicle and missed a fuse!! Result was five error messages.
Local Brink dealer had to code (maybe re-code) to the car, reset the relay and insert a fuse. Now working fine.
I am not sure if it was the original installer or an issue with the Brink wiring harness.
Now it has all been reset will try again to see how it goes. So fingers crossed. 🤞🏼

Sparky50

Post by Sparky50 »

Unfortunately the Brink towbar has caused the same issues with warnings (and an extra one). Also car won’t drive and has yellow warning triangle.

Back to the drawing board!!!
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Sparky50, I have a 'Brink' too, its the one you shove in at an angle, but the rear RH-indicator wont blink: and I see volts jumping around at 3 or 4 V on the meter, yet LH-indicator shows 13 to14 and lights up fine when hooked up, I see a yellow graphic 'lamp', warning on the dash. I'm getting on to the installers first thing tomorrow.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Sounds a nightmare guys! Keep letting us know how you get on. I do hope you get it fixed. I’m going to hold off buying one for now
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post