Towbar lighting failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
citylearn

Post by citylearn »

Just hooked up bike rack for first time. This immediately created 6 car defects including protection systems, autohold, rear traffic assist and others. Wouldn't allow car to start, so called Skoda Assistance (AA in reality). Even with all disconnected, couldn't get restart and then tailgate and other doors wouldn't open. Around 1.5 hours later, he arrived and car had obviously reset and worked normally. Tested lighting for rack on both 7 and 13 pin connections to his van and this worked fine, so fault with towbar and lighting preparation. He indicated car would normally reset after around 30 minutes. See what Skoda offer on Monday!
Had the Enyaq for over a year. iV80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 19” Regulus, 125kW, Electric Tow Bar, Climate, Light & View, Heat Pump, Convenience Package +, Asst Drive +, Comfort Seat Basic, Tethered Zappi for solar panels.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I think while a tow bar is connected the rear and side assist do not work.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
citylearn

Post by citylearn »

BIKE RACK NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SKODA ENYAQ!!!! Just heard from dealer who was investigating problem with Thule Easyfold bike rack, that according to them, the rack is not compatible with the car! Rack came with European 13 pin plug and they think my rack is too old (18 months) and I need a new one! Supposedly going to put this to skoda technical but not really convinced I'll get satisfactory result. At time of order, w told dealer we had rejected Kia e-niro as it couldn't carry bike rack and when picked up car at handover, senior salesman asked wife why we had picked enyaq. Her specific answer was "so that we could fit bike rack!" Now it seems we may still not be able to fit rack, unless it's one of theirs maybe? Not impressed with solution as I've never found anything that indicated or even hinted at needing a specifically compatible rack!
Wonder if Skoda technical read these posts and respond?
Had the Enyaq for over a year. iV80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 19” Regulus, 125kW, Electric Tow Bar, Climate, Light & View, Heat Pump, Convenience Package +, Asst Drive +, Comfort Seat Basic, Tethered Zappi for solar panels.
citylearn

Post by citylearn »

See comments under tow bar electrics in main chat
Sparky50

Post by Sparky50 »

@citylearn did you ever find out the solution? I am having exact same problem with an aftermarket tow bar and connecting the Thule Easy Fold XT rack. No lights!!!!!! :roll:
garden ohm

Post by garden ohm »

I've had no problem using the Thule Easyfold bike rack on my Enyaq for the last year.
It worked well on the Karoq I had previously
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Sparky50 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:43 pm @citylearn did you ever find out the solution? I am having exact same problem with an aftermarket tow bar and connecting the Thule Easy Fold XT rack. No lights!!!!!! :roll:
Hi, what Towbar did you go with in the end? I can’t help help with your issue but I’m considering an aftermarket tow bar myself
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Sparky50

Post by Sparky50 »

IanEV I had the Brink towbar fitted. Seems quite neat and would be even better if it worked. 🙄
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Sparky50 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:08 pm IanEV I had the Brink towbar fitted. Seems quite neat and would be even better if it worked. 🙄
I’ll be interested to know how you get on, fingers crossed you can get it working with a bike rack
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
orrery

Post by orrery »

I've got an Atera Strada bike rack, with the Euro connector - works fine with the factory fitted retractable tow ball.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post