February software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Seen on the Facebook group, and taken from the German Enyaq forums, there is now a document listing the new features (in addition to bug fixed) in the new version of the software due next month (to coincide with the release of the Coupe version). This is likely to be a dealer installation rather than OTA as it's a major version upgrade, but this is yet to be confirmed. As is how much is applicable to older models (probably all of it is though).

Document is at https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/re ... g1QxXwhmf0

But for people who don't want to read it, here are the main points:

80 DC charging to increase to 135kW maximum
80X gains a 'traction' drive mode which increases anti-slip control and better distribution of power
Daytime coming home/leaving home lighting
Long term consumption can now be reset manually (rather than the automatic 100km)
Battery care mode can be enabled to limit charge speed and level etc to extend battery life

Navigation widget now shows estimated battery level at destination and arrival time at stopovers and destination
Apps can be pinned to infotainment
Media player now gets a tab in the radio
Charging screen gains several new buttons and information displays
Temperature setting no longer blanks the screen
Infotainment keyboard allows long presses for special characters
Popups will be more transparent to allow reading of information behind.

Battery percentage now shown next to graphic on the instrument panel (and HUD)
Drive mode now shown on instrument panel

Travel assist gains better handling of narrow lanes and automated overtaking on motorways (it shows if it is safe to overtake, then a tap on the indicator stalk will cause the car to steer and accelerate then pull back in)
Travel assist button gains more features
Travel assist gains urban assistance - online communication to add additional information about traffic islands and roadworks etc to supplement the map and cameras.

Sunroof shade can now be opened/closed along with the roof
On comfort seat plus, the driver's seat can be configured to move fully back when exiting the vehicle to give more room.

HUD now shows battery percentage and distance notifications in the 3D area
HUD shows roundabout information (rather then just the junction arrow)
HUD shows additional distance to junction information

Reversing camera lighting has been increased.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Thanks; that sounds a very good enhancement especially battery% displays (from my perspective anyway as have HUD optioned) now they just need to get the charging timer bit sorted. Look forward to all this when a car eventually arrives!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, this only lists new functionality, not which bugs in existing functionality have been resolved.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Thanks RichR- some interesting developments in there. Thanks also for taking the time to digest and ‘synopsise’ (did I just make that word up?) for people like me !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

To be honest the Skoda document is better - it's got pictures too :)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 am - it's got pictures too :)

My kind of document 👍😂
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Miket

Post by Miket »

I was told on the 4th January that there’s a update on the way in the very near future! If I still have the car by the time it arrives I hope it cures the problems with my car🙄 not much hope though, fed up now with taking it back to the garage and ringing Skoda head office

image.jpg

orrery

Post by orrery »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 am Yes, this only lists new functionality, not which bugs in existing functionality have been resolved.

... and it doesn't say which bugs they're planning to introduce.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Iang

Post by Iang »

I hope that they actually deliver the updates in the UK.

I complained about the APP functionality on my new up to date iPhone as preheating was not available for the Enyaq although Jens Kosyna (head of Skoda project development) advised on YouTube doing it on the app. I got the following reply from the Skoda app people:

Dear Ian,
Skoda Auto a.s. responded to your review of

MyŠKODA
MyŠKODA
Skoda Auto a.s.
"Hello, the main charging and air conditioning services were developed first. We are currently working hard to deliver additional services for future models. Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot guarantee the availability of additional services for vehicles that have already been produced. Your MyŠKODA App Team "

The additional services apparently work on the Octavia and to be told that "additional services may not work on my 6 month old £42000 Enyaq" is absolutely incredible.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ They might just be covering themselves here ‘just in case’ but manufacturers often use the clause ‘specifications may be subject to change at any time….etc’ to enable them to introduce new features which unfortunately might not be available to existing owners. Companies I’ve worked for have done the same.

One of the functions they possibly have in mind, is the self parking function mentioned recently - where we understand additional sensors would be required which aren’t on any current production vehicle. That might use the app (e.g to let you park whilst you’re actually stood next to your car).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post