February software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Indeed not a huge impact, the Coupe was quoted a 29min charge time for 10-80% (if i recall correct) when it was 36 or 38 min on iv80.

I'm wondering if this upgrade helps most when starting charge on low temperatures. The capability to allow more current (amps) would heat the battery quicker resulting in higher average power, even if 135kW was not reached.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I think we will see a fair few improvements throughout the cars OS and BMS system after all we have all been guniepigs sending back data to skoda so ce we collected the cars !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Erakettu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:42 pm Indeed not a huge impact, the Coupe was quoted a 29min charge time for 10-80% (if i recall correct) when it was 36 or 38 min on iv80.
Comparing the charging curve before the upgrade to after, the difference is minimal, and only applies to 10-30%. The rest of the curve is identical, unlike the difference between the 60 and 80 prior to the upgrade (see top curve for the 80):

Enyaq charge curves compared.jpg

Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

It appears the difference is only about 2+ kWh of extra charge at the 30% point. Better than nothing but not worth making a special trip to the dealer for the update. There may be other features of the 3.0 update that are worth a visit for. Part of me feels this is more of a headline for marketing than anything else, just to inch it closer to some of the other faster performers out there.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

ChangoMutney wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:44 pm It appears the difference is only about 2+ kWh of extra charge at the 30% point. Better than nothing but not worth making a special trip to the dealer for the update. There may be other features of the 3.0 update that are worth a visit for. Part of me feels this is more of a headline for marketing than anything else, just to inch it closer to some of the other faster performers out there.
I think the other features are well worth it, and possibly essential to facilitate future more important updates.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
RichR

Post by RichR »

I agree - the bug fixes and other features are more probably more important to most people than the slight increase in maximum charge rate (which a lot of chargers at the moment may not be able to supply anyway). Personally I try not to let it get down to 10% SOC, unless I know I'm really close to my house where I can be sure of a working charge point :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

Erakettu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:44 am The Coupe was launched with 135kW charging as previously speculated. This update is in the hopes for the SUV (80iv), too.

EVdatabase has updated the charging curve for iv80 showing 135kW power. Image
that is an estimation, they haven't actually charged a car with 3.0 and 135kW yet did they?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Unless it's based off the ID.4 that has already had this battery charger update?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

RichR wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:34 pm Unless it's based off the ID.4 that has already had this battery charger update?
no cars yet on road with 3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

Not 3.0 true, but didn't they get the increased battery charge rates on a 2.x update?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post