"Unable to load connection status"

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Rbedwards

Post by Rbedwards »

Hi, I've had exactly the same issues, no connection. Not working at home nor at dealer forecourt in Plymouth. Been offline for more than a week.

orrery

Post by orrery »

Mines been off for a few days, and I'd printed the fuse box diagram from previous posts, ordered a couple of fuse pullers ... and this morning it was all working again without me doing anything! To be fair, I had opened a case with Skoda support and they emailed back this morning saying that, as far as they could see, the car was on-line.

I had no coverage showing on the car screen at all, even though the coverage seems fine when I look today, so it wasn't marginal. Odd.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The manual does mention that there is a fuse removal tool in the fuse box under the bonnet. 🙂
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Photo of the under bonnet fuse box, showing the fuse removal tool:

72372350-E781-4F4C-8B95-C4BEDB6E7800.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Rbedwards

Post by Rbedwards »

Update. Connection renewed, app working again. I wish Skoda would post messages when they're working on the server. This unannounced loss of service is very poor.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I don’t think it’s always a server issue - for example I’ve been checking the app a couple of times a day since your post and it’s been connected all the time.

The car losing connectivity to the internet is also not affected by Skoda’s servers - that’s purely the car or the local mobile phone reception.

I do think it doesn’t try hard enough to reestablish a connection when it loses it though, as evidenced that resetting it by pulling the fuse gets a signal. However I suspect there has to be a trade off between wasting power (12V) when the car is in a location with no mobile coverage at all and trying to reconnect when it’s merely a bit weak.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I agree with RichR's thoughts. I also think that people reporting this most frequently loose it for a week is not a coincidence. This is the frequency the car checks a server for updates.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

This may be a daft question, but is the Enyaq totally dependant on a cellular data connection or could the car be connected to the home Wi-Fi? If this is possible a strong Wi-Fi signal could solve the problem in rural areas with poor Vodafone coverage.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

IanJ wrote: ↑Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:43 pm This may be a daft question, but is the Enyaq totally dependant on a cellular data connection or could the car be connected to the home Wi-Fi? If this is possible a strong Wi-Fi signal could solve the problem in rural areas with poor Vodafone coverage.
Interesting thought, but I'm pretty sure the Skoda Server doesn't connect via WIFI link to the car, only via LTE.

I just checked the settings in my infotainment system via OBD and there is a function called "app_connect_over_wifi" and its currently set to NO.
So I'm guessing this means the Skoda App ?

And the cars wifi only works when the "ignition" is switched on too, turns off a few minutes after you exit the car.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Bear in mind you don’t need the car to connect to the internet at all for it to function as a car. It’s only for the additional online services such as the phone app, Laura and some satnav functionality. After 3 years you lose most of this unless you pay to renew it.

Software updates are over 4G only as far as I know. That, and SOS call functionality lasts way longer than the car’s expected lifetime though.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post