"Unable to load connection status"

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
bristolian

Post by bristolian »

Had this for 2 days now - does anyone know if it's a server issue or a problem with the car? The App says "no data connection available" with a notification which says "The vehicle is not connected to the internet" .
Enyaq IV 80 Race Blue 125kW, Tow Bar, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light And View Package Basic, Transport Package, Parking Package Plus, Assisted Drive Package Basic, Climate Package Plus.

RichR

Post by RichR »

First check the car. Is it actually connected to the internet? (signal strength showing next to the globe icon, and can search for addresses in the satnav for example).

If so, then the issue is with Skoda's servers not the car or your phone.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

In the Andoid 5.0.2 version. There is a different message when the server cannot be contacted.
I get the "The vehicle is not connected to the internet" message where their server cannot get a GSM connection to the car. Regreably GSM reception here is currently poor.

I regulary try and set pre-heating. The phone app connects by any means - normally via WiFi to the server. Who then (I assume) send firstly a wake command and then a start AC command. I notice that the "The vehicle is not connected to the internet" message comes sooner that the heating for 30 mins message which takes about 75 seconds
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
bristolian

Post by bristolian »

No bars next to the globe, so I guess the car's not connecting. My phone has signal so there is coverage in the area. The car's already booked in at the dealer's next week to fix the airbag error some in here have encountered, so if it's not come back by then I'll ask them to look at this as well.

20220125_142235.jpg

Enyaq IV 80 Race Blue 125kW, Tow Bar, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light And View Package Basic, Transport Package, Parking Package Plus, Assisted Drive Package Basic, Climate Package Plus.
RichR

Post by RichR »

What network is your phone on? The car uses Vodafone as far as I know (in the UK) for data connections (any available network for SOS though).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
bristolian

Post by bristolian »

Ah, OK, I'm on EE and Vodafone is notoriously patchy around here, in fact that's the reason I swapped to EE a few years ago. I'll see if it improves in the next few days. Or it might improve if I drive elsewhere, haven't actually used it since the problem appeared. Thanks.
bristolian

Post by bristolian »

And today it worked as normal, so looks like it was a local Vodafone 48 hour data outage, despite the Vodafone status page claiming no issues.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Heh - my turn for it tonight. First time I’ve had it since collecting the car in November though.

Will see what it does tomorrow.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

It has not worked yesterday or today for me and my car

Yesterday I was worried someone had stolen my charge cable and rushed my food to get back to the car to check (as the app constantly says charge cable not connected)

But thankfully it was just the car not connecting to the servers at Skoda (or as you say mobile network issues)

So my cable was still there and plugged in thankfully
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Still nothing today. I might take a drive to somewhere with good Vodafone coverage (which generally means a large town, not rural Yorkshire!) and possibly give Fuse 19 a pull and see what happens. Not that I'm that bothered as long as it comes back at some point. The car still drives perfectly, I don't need online services most of the time.

Mobile signals are pretty weak where I live, O2 is useable outside, and Vodafone most of the time outside. EE and 3 are non-existent anywhere round here, and none of the networks are reliable inside my house (though occasionally O2 pops up on 3G). We rely on Wifi calling on our mobiles when we're at home :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post