SET Tyres

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
snoodler

Post by snoodler »

Hi Forum

I have tried to set the tyers a few times already but everytime I click on the set button it keeps showing me the screen to set the tyres up. Then I click on save and I get a message saying that the values have been set but the screen keeps appearing. feels like something is not right.

I took it to the gas station to set the pressure as recommended. 2.7 in the back and 2.5 in the front since I have the 21 inch tyres.

tried to do the set up again , but it wont save.

any ideas?

RichR

Post by RichR »

I think the set button stays active even after it's been pressed. Bear in mind there are no pressure sensors in the wheels, this is TPWS, which is the minimum required legally. It uses the ABS sensors to compare how far each wheel travels when driven in a straight line. A flat tyre will rotate a different amount to the other three, so it can flag up a warning. Yes, some makes of cars have pressure sensors, but quite a lot don't as there's no real need to provide the required functionality.

I suspect pressing set just tells it to record the number of rotations of the wheels when it next detects it's going in a straight line. It doesn't actually do anything at that moment in time (because if the wheels aren't turning there's nothing for it to measure).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
snoodler

Post by snoodler »

RichR wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 pm I think the set button stays active even after it's been pressed. Bear in mind there are no pressure sensors in the wheels, this is TPWS, which is the minimum required legally. It uses the ABS sensors to compare how far each wheel travels when driven in a straight line. A flat tyre will rotate a different amount to the other three, so it can flag up a warning. Yes, some makes of cars have pressure sensors, but quite a lot don't as there's no real need to provide the required functionality.

I suspect pressing set just tells it to record the number of rotations of the wheels when it next detects it's going in a straight line. It doesn't actually do anything at that moment in time (because if the wheels aren't turning there's nothing for it to measure).
I had no idea they had no sensors.My old car did an was way cheaper !

So, tell me this :

What happens everytime you press the button SET... the very first physical button under the infotainment screen ... because every time i click on it, it takes me to the tyre pressure setup :cry:
snoodler

Post by snoodler »

So everyone has the same problem?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Pressing the button takes you to the vehicles setting screen. You can swipe left and right on the picture of the car to see other settings.

Or are you just looking at the first page only, which only has the tyre settings?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post