Screen Wash Level

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Climate Package Basic. Standard on Sportline.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:36 pm Climate Package Basic. Standard on Sportline.
You've got the documents, is it possible to retro fit the heated nozzles ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
RichR

Post by RichR »

I’d have thought so. They look identical to the ones on Golfs and many other VWs, Skodas, Audis and Seats. Just unclip. Not sure whether they are powered all the time the ignition is on or whether it’s switched based on temperature or something. I’ll have a look at the wiring diagram tomorrow.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Id assume it might go off of the exterior temperature sensor or as you say just be on permanently.

Easy enough to get hold of ot just knowing if conne tots ate in place or additional wiring would be needed.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
RichR

Post by RichR »

OK, so wiring diagram 11/6 shows the washer jets, and they're powered from the heating and aircon control unit, so probably when it determines the outside temperature is low.

I'm sure you could create a simple circuit with a thermistor to do this automatically, or wire them through a relay off the heated mirror feed maybe - or even just have a small switch under the dashboard.

One thing to watch though, they're not cheap - I had to replace the pair on my wife's VW Caravelle as the spray pattern was getting a bit poor after 15 years of use. Almost thought about putting non-heated ones on (Β£3 vs Β£30 each).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: ↑Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:34 am OK, so wiring diagram 11/6 shows the washer jets, and they're powered from the heating and aircon control unit, so probably when it determines the outside temperature is low.

I'm sure you could create a simple circuit with a thermistor to do this automatically, or wire them through a relay off the heated mirror feed maybe - or even just have a small switch under the dashboard.

One thing to watch though, they're not cheap - I had to replace the pair on my wife's VW Caravelle as the spray pattern was getting a bit poor after 15 years of use. Almost thought about putting non-heated ones on (Β£3 vs Β£30 each).
If the cabling was all there and it was a straight swap I would do it but I don't fancy whiping panels off the get a feed for them ! I'll just put better screen wash in once it's run out (-20 stuff)

Cheers though rich !

RichR

Post by RichR »

Maybe have a look next time you've got the bonnet up to see if the wiring is present, knowing VW group though, it probably won't be :(
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:46 pm Maybe have a look next time you've got the bonnet up to see if the wiring is present, knowing VW group though, it probably won't be :(
With being an early unit they might be there but highly doubt it !

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

RichR wrote: ↑Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:34 am One thing to watch though, they're not cheap - I had to replace the pair on my wife's VW Caravelle as the spray pattern was getting a bit poor after 15 years of use. Almost thought about putting non-heated ones on (Β£3 vs Β£30 each).
Not a bad guess. Just found this on skoda-parts.com. Note the Skoda original price at the bottom.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 18.01.42.jpg

iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Now add on the import taxes πŸ™. Sadly buying car parts from EU countries got a lot more expensive since a year or so ago.

To be fair, it was a couple of years since I bought VW ones for the Caravelle.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post