Travel Assist is currently unavailable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ooh - maybe as well I haven’t got round to booking mine in yet. I find that it only does it every 500-1000 miles and only for a couple of days then goes back to working fine. And putting the steering wheel heater on and massaging the top right part of the wheel tends to resolve it too, which leads me to think it is an issue with adhesive not sticking a foil pad down properly or something like that.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Kez

Post by Kez »

I completely solved this issue by discovering that “send location data” (in privacy settings) was switching itself off.

Switching it back on solves the problem. It also allows the Powerpass map to load and sorts out Octopus not being able to control the charge.
Enyaq 80 iV- May 23.
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

Location settings have nothing to do with _this_ issue.

It's a know fault with the heated steering wheel affecting the hands-on-wheel detection and thus faulting the travel assist.

Fix is a new steering wheel.

Unfortunately I've been waiting 10 months now. On backorder apparently 😬
Kez

Post by Kez »

All I can say is that I had exactly the same issue and coincidentally discovered that location sending was switched off. When this was rectified, the problem goes away.

I only posted in case it would help others. If you feel it won’t help in your case then I hope your new steering wheel comes soon. Good luck.
Enyaq 80 iV- May 23.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Mine has ironically not brought up the error for about 9 months now (and I use Travel Assist virtually every day). I think massaging the steering wheel with the heater on and as it cools has pushed the sensor tape into the right place. So although it's been in for the 2 year service (and had the puddle lights replaced), I actually forgot to mention the steering wheel issue!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

I've found that either leaving the steering wheel heat on, or, turning the heat back on when the error pops up makes it go away again.

In short, either leave the heat on or off for the whole journey!
RichR

Post by RichR »

To be honest, I haven't used the heater for a very long time. That might have contributed to it not failing I guess.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Very interesting folks, I have an 85X sportline plus estate on order, (build week 5/24) and I really hope that they have properly solved this problem by then. But, I currently have a 3 year old VW Passat and this has the same annoying habit (among many other substandard electronic installations). However, on mine it seems to be grouped with road sign recognition, and lane assist all being unavailable at the same time, pointing to the windscreen cluster. (Yes I do keep it clean), but I don't have a heated wheel. I always turn off the lane keeping assist every journey, as living in a rural area and not being a 4x4, I prefer not following the muddy trails into fields left by tractors! (One attempt was enough). But, I found that stopping a couple of miles down the road and switching off the car, then restarting it, cures it for the rest of the day. I wonder if a similar "control-alt-delete" routine might provide a temporary respite for the Enyaq. I have a theory that it could be a deep routed VAG software issue, manifesting itself right across the whole group, (Audi share a similar issue), and the steering wheel, whilst obviously connected, may not be the sole cause.
Really looking forward to getting the new Enyaq, and getting rid of my "technology challenged" Passat, hopefully, early March.
85X, Race Blue, ordered oct 23 delivered 12th March 24. Transport pack, 3rd party towbar. IO, Ohme. :roll: 1st EV. :oops: My electronics are possessed :twisted:
IrishJonnyRay

Post by IrishJonnyRay »

Sorry to report I have a new 85X Sportline which has started the Travel Assist warning issue. It only happens rarely and goes away soon after. If it persists will have to look at potentially ordering a new steering wheel. So seems it has not been fully addressed.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Sailor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:23 pm Very interesting folks, I have an 85X sportline plus estate on order, (build week 5/24) and I really hope that they have properly solved this problem by then. But, I currently have a 3 year old VW Passat and this has the same annoying habit (among many other substandard electronic installations). However, on mine it seems to be grouped with road sign recognition, and lane assist all being unavailable at the same time, pointing to the windscreen cluster. (Yes I do keep it clean), but I don't have a heated wheel. I always turn off the lane keeping assist every journey, as living in a rural area and not being a 4x4, I prefer not following the muddy trails into fields left by tractors! (One attempt was enough). But, I found that stopping a couple of miles down the road and switching off the car, then restarting it, cures it for the rest of the day. I wonder if a similar "control-alt-delete" routine might provide a temporary respite for the Enyaq. I have a theory that it could be a deep routed VAG software issue, manifesting itself right across the whole group, (Audi share a similar issue), and the steering wheel, whilst obviously connected, may not be the sole cause.
Really looking forward to getting the new Enyaq, and getting rid of my "technology challenged" Passat, hopefully, early March.
when you order your car ?i am trying to work out when mine will arrive if ever.
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post