Travel Assist is currently unavailable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Villek

Post by Villek »

I have the same issue on my Enyaq even after ME3.0 update.

Car gives the message 'Travel Assist is currently unavailable' almost at every cold start after driving 2 to 3 mins. Then it resets itself after few mins and does not come back if car is warm. I claimed this at the service when car SW was updated, "no error codes on the steering wheel so not not a steering wheel fault".
Škoda Enyaq 80X iV, Red Velvet, Loft, Towing Hitch, Light&View matrix lights (good value for the money), Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Drive Basic, ME3.0 updated

RichR

Post by RichR »

I think that as on mine as it's intermittent there may not be any faults stored except when it's doing it. I've found massaging the top right of the wheel can bring it back to life sometimes, so perhaps it's a physical issue with something coming detached. However people have had steering wheels replaced for this fault - which makes me think there is a technical note for the issue.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

I'm getting this Travel Assist Unavailable fault. Seems to be suspiciously coincidental with using the heated steering wheel.

Anyone got any Skoda reference for the 'known issue'?

I flagged it to the dealer when it went in last week for the ME3 update and they claimed that the update would fix it, but unsurprisingly it didn't :-(
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Bother7 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:18 pm I'm getting this Travel Assist Unavailable fault. Seems to be suspiciously coincidental with using the heated steering wheel.

Anyone got any Skoda reference for the 'known issue'?

I flagged it to the dealer when it went in last week for the ME3 update and they claimed that the update would fix it, but unsurprisingly it didn't :-(
Has it resolved itself? After getting a bit warmer
videojedi

Post by videojedi »

I've had this intermittently, but now is permanent. Still on ME2.
It's having an ME3 update in two weeks or so. I won't let them give me 'the update will fix it' bullsh*t.
Enyaq iv80 Sportline Arctic Silver 125kW Charging (Upgrade), Assisted Drive Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Parking Plus, Sunroof. ME3(update)
Electroverse app code: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=coral-squid-130
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's not a software issue - from what I can tell from people's experience on here and the other forums, it's down to the sensor pads inside the steering wheel physically becoming unglued (or something along those lines) and hence it is unable to detect hands reliably.

Mine's now working fine again - I'm pretty sure it's the upper right hand part of the wheel that's flaky on mine, so I'll try not to squeeze that area too much until it's doing it often enough that it'll be doing it when I get round to taking it to the dealership.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Does it not fix itself if you clean all the sensors ? I’ve pretty much had it every morning when damp or cold ? Then as above if becomes permanent it’s a different issue although like I’ve said before , if I get the error I also can’t turn of steering wheel heating so maybe it’s a bit of both software and sensor issue
RichR

Post by RichR »

Certainly you can get the error if the radar and camera are dirty or covered in ice, but I got this in the summer too with a clean car. I have found that massaging the top right part of the steering wheel can bring it on sometimes, and also can stop it warning (though not always allow the system to be enabled).

When it does it, the lane keeping lines on the icon for Travel Assist disappear, which makes me think it's related to steering (so not the radar). The ACC part of Travel Assist still works fine even when it's bonging every 10 seconds.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

genie-magic-lamp.gif

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

This might be of interest:

Looks like Skoda have identified the issue and will be replacing the steering wheels with a new model - cars shipped since about December 2022 will already have the new design. If I understood correctly whilst waiting for my fish and chips this evening!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post