Carwow

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Miket

Post by Miket »

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Brilliant πŸ‘πŸ‘

So next time someone comes to the forum complaining about their range, let’s just direct them towards this video 😜

By the way - as well as the unsurprising result he got towing a caravan, anyone planning on doing so needs to think about the practicalities of recharging with that lump on the back (will the cable reach? πŸ€”!! ).
Lots of stops, un-hooks, recharge, re-hook and repeat on that trip to the South West !

8C84E33B-4F4C-4C43-B3EC-7F37A70CA284.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Interesting watch. Was pleasantly surprised by how little impact people in the car made, although thinking about it compared to the 2t weight of the car, it's not that much more.

Overall though I'm surprised by the low figures compared to my experience over the 8000 miles I have now done in my ix80 - and my numbers have seemed poor compared to other posts on here.

I do about half my miles towing a 500kg windsurfing trailer around typically with 2/3 people in the car and all the electrical comforts running. This gives me around 210 range in summer and 170 when it's cold. Luckily I have a good charging routine, with no2 son jumping out to disconnect and reconnect as necessary - only adding a minute or two to the stop

Goaty's point about thinking about practicality for each individual is a good one.

When I was considering ordering the Enyaq, a review I read gave a real world range of 265 miles. When I checked on Google maps this is exactly the distance from my house to Lands End.

In reality, I've done 4 trips to Devon / Cornwall and it's been a comfortable trip with a single stop around half way for 25 minutes - Cup of tea and a bun- exactly as I did in my Passat. And driving at the same speed I did in the Passat. And I only have 50kW charging

So for me it has proved a practical car.

And I also find it a comfortable, relaxing drive
RichR

Post by RichR »

It does show that for most cases the single most important factor is speed. Slowing down by 10mph as well as not wasting power by approaching junctions quickly then braking hard (which is what the little 'take your foot off the pedal' symbol in the car is trying to tell you) or accelerating too quickly afterward makes a big difference.

And yeah - the distance the car can cover at motorway speeds is longer than the time I can comfortably go without a stop, so as long as I can plan to stop where I can charge, range just isn't an issue for me. Plus I can cover most of the Midlands and North of England and get home again from a 100% charge at home if conditions are right.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

at 100km/h = 3mi/kWh is about 21 kWh/100km
at 110km/h = 2.6mi/kWh = 24 kWh/100km

pretty high numbers...
RichR

Post by RichR »

Sadly the UK is stuck using units from ancient Rome for road distances in vehicles. I'm British but as an engineer I work entirely in metric, so would much rather use km! (I do on my bike and when walking). What's funny is that roads have been designed and built using metric units since the 1970s, and you'll find things like lane widths, streetlights and barriers are whole numbers of metres apart. It's just the signs and speedometers that use miles.

Anyway: 100 km is approximately 62 mi, so turning it around:

1 mi/kWh = 62 kWh/100km
2 mi/kWh = 31 kWh/100km
3 mi/kWh = 20 kWh/100km
4 mi/kWh = 16 kWh/100km

[Edit - that was in reply to your original post zice, before you changed it :D ]
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

I thought the comparison with and without a roofbox or bikerack was helpful if you treat it as a %.
And, as others have said, it illustrated the impact of speed. So for some journeys it could be quicker to drive slower.
I tried to see what the outside temperature was, and it looked like 8 degrees C.
The 3.0 miles/kWh over 10 miles (predicted 230 mile range for the 80) at constant 60mph is not consistent with my own experience. We've averaged 3.4 miles/kWh over 700 miles of winter motorway driving (5-8 degrees C), aiming at 60-65 mph speeds throughout, with heating set to around 20 or 21. That's an actual real world range of 260 miles, which we would hope to improve on in the summer.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share Β£100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Fun test to watch, and it shows the main setbacks one can have with an EV. It would have been great to have the same run, same setup done on a Tesla MY for reference, as that is probably the best we could get. Would be interesting to see how those compare, and is Tesla really tht much more efficient. It certainly is based on some other tests I saw, but Skoda is mostly acceptable.
orrery

Post by orrery »

KrisN wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:54 pm Interesting watch. Was pleasantly surprised by how little impact people in the car made, although thinking about it compared to the 2t weight of the car, it's not that much more.
I don't believe that the 2t weight is that much of an issue. I've had several Leafs and a day spent driving near home in Bedfordshire (very flat) compared with visiting Mum in the Peak District (very steep hills) gives almost no difference in m/kWh - if driven carefully and maximum use made of regen. I can't see how that differs much from a lugging a 2t weight.

The Enyaqs problem seems to stem from its brick like shape.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
orrery

Post by orrery »

orrery wrote: ↑Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:18 pm
KrisN wrote: ↑Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:54 pm Interesting watch. Was pleasantly surprised by how little impact people in the car made, although thinking about it compared to the 2t weight of the car, it's not that much more.

I don't believe that the 2t weight is that much of an issue. I've had several Leafs and a day spent driving near home in Bedfordshire (very flat) compared with visiting Mum in the Peak District (very steep hills) gives almost no difference in m/kWh - if driven carefully and maximum use made of regen. I can't see how that differs much from a lugging a 2t weight.

The Enyaqs problem seems to stem from its brick like shape.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.