Just sold my enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Miket

Post by Miket »

Well after 6 months of misery living with a enyaq that’s been trying to kill me and in one case a pedestrian due to faulty software and faulty steering, Skoda U.K. have been utter arses and the dealership in Redditch even worse, today I’ve part chopped the enyaq for a ice car, at this point in time it will be a very long time if ever I’ll go back to Skoda or even a electric car
Ive lost over £13000 on the enyaq during this 6 months, not a nice situation to be in when your retired as it’s a non replaceable loss

Tafsern

Post by Tafsern »

Don't you have consumer rights/laws in your country?
Skoda Enyaq iV80 Sportline - Quartz Grey
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Miket wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:05 pm Well after 6 months of misery living with a enyaq that’s been trying to kill me and in one case a pedestrian due to faulty software and faulty steering, Skoda U.K. have been utter arses and the dealership in Redditch even worse, today I’ve part chopped the enyaq for a ice car, at this point in time it will be a very long time if ever I’ll go back to Skoda or even a electric car
Ive lost over £13000 on the enyaq during this 6 months, not a nice situation to be in when your retired as it’s a non replaceable loss

Sorry to hear about these negative experiences - and that £13k loss. Not nice for anyone to have to stomach.

I am surprised though that you haven’t been looked after by either the dealership or Skoda UK. I realise you want to put it all behind you now and probably don’t want to spend time discussing it, but out of interest, what reason did they give not to resolve the problems at their cost? Did they deny there were any issues?

Thanks.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dad

Post by Dad »

Sorry to hear the outcome Miket. You must feel sick.

I’m shocked at your loss figure of £13k.. was that all depreciation? The prices appear to be holding up well on the secondary market so I’m surprised.

Good luck.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

13k !! I’ve had numerous issues all sorted myself but shouldn’t have to . Surely regulators would be able to help you in a case regardless TCF etc for reimbursement
Miket

Post by Miket »

The trust motors garage Redditch have been complete and utter arseholes to me, they have took me for a complete and utter idiot, they have denied there’s any issues with the car, but did tell me to turn off all the safety features each and ever time I got in it, there test drive was round there lot as per a tracker trace I recently posted, told me more lies than I thought was ever possible just to make me go away and forget, tried telling me I don’t know how to drive??
But the ombudsman is involved so hoping at some point I get a bit of my losses back
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Might be worth getting a price from Motorway as that trade in value is criminal! Used Enyaqs are going for the same as new (more in some cases), due to the waiting time. Another option is to contact Cleevely EV in Cheltenham - They will take your car into their showroom and handle all test drives etc. for a 5% commission - Sold my wife's Smart ForFour EQ in 3 weeks (not a desirable car), for near dealer price. You'll have to find alternative transport in the meantime, but I'd rather ride a bike in the rain than lose £13k!
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Class68driver

Post by Class68driver »

Just read this thread and I know it's a few weeks old but if you lost £13K you really have been conned by someone and you should have done some due diligence of your own. Second hand Enyaqs are in a lot of cases selling for more than new. I suspect you've been a tad hasty and emotional due to the problems you say you've had. I'm sorry that you didn't like the car but some of the blame for losing that amount of money by accepting that deal lies with you.
Ordered IV80 September 21, Pan Roof, suite interior, 21" alloys, various drive assist packages, power tailgate, heat pump,in Artic Silver.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post